Help

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Help

Postby Kevin Fraczek (krfraczek@ » Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:14 am

Please can you help me - I am not sure where to get the info I need. My daughter, who is now 13 months old has always had a small head circumference. At 6 months, we were told her head was abnormally small and that after a further 6 months the doctors would review this. She has today had another consultation and we have been told that the head has not grown at all in the last 6 months fue to the bones at the back of the skull fusing too quickly leaving her head more or less completely flat.
She has not developed as quickly as expected either, having only this week started to pull herself to a standing position and making no vocal progression - she does not babble or attempt to talk. She does occasionally cry and laughs but no other vocal sounds. She also has a fairly bad eye squint in both eyes and the doctor who we spoke to today said she would need a brain scan to check on room for brain growth. More than this we are not aware of. My wife, does not recall the exact name for the condition and we were wondering if you were able to supply any more information on what could be wrong, what we should look for and what to expect in the future.
Please respond asap.
Thank you for your time.
Kevin Fraczek (krfraczek@

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate