ear tubes

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

ear tubes

Postby Bailliejo » Mon May 26, 2008 11:26 am

My son is 10 months old and he got ear tubes when he was 10 weeks old. We saw his ENT about a week ago and his right ear tube was falling out. So he decided to just take it out since it was just hanging there. He said there was a little fluid on his ear drum but since he wasn't fussy or anything that he would wait till he gets his palate repaired to put in new tubes. He is getting his palate fixed when he is 14 months old. So we have to wait 4 months, as a mom I don't want him to be uncomfortable or anything like that. I was just wondering what any of you mothers out there would do?
Bailliejo

Postby Holly » Tue May 27, 2008 10:39 am

If your son doesn't have a painful ear infection. . . I would go with the Dr. I would get his ears checked often in the next 4 months to be safe. Good luck to you and your son. :)
Holly

Postby heather » Tue May 27, 2008 1:57 pm

I agree. As long as there is no discomfort or sickness involved I would wait until the palate surgery as well. Doctors aren't real comfortable with putting a child under anesthesia more than absolutely necessary and definitely so close together.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Bailliejo » Fri May 30, 2008 10:28 am

I agree that we should wait if it's not bothering him, but how do you know if it is? When he was first born he cried everytime he was in the car. The Dr. said it could have been because of the pressure changing the car. After he got tubes he never cried in the car again. After the ENT took that right tube out he cries in the car again.
Bailliejo

Postby Bailliejo » Fri May 30, 2008 10:28 am

I agree that we should wait if it's not bothering him, but how do you know if it is? When he was first born he cried everytime he was in the car. The Dr. said it could have been because of the pressure changing the car. After he got tubes he never cried in the car again. After the ENT took that right tube out he cries in the car again.
Bailliejo

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate