Hope everyone's doing well

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Hope everyone's doing well

Postby heather » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello all. I have not been on here in so long. I have been busy, busy, busy. But of course I'm preaching to the choir, right? The family and I are doing spectacular. Eyson has recovered so well from his surgeries. His scar is so unnoticeable. If you weren't staring at him up close you would never know. He's into everything and getting into lots of trouble. Just like you would expect a boy to do. My oldest son, which some of you know what born with a congenital heart defect, is gearing up to start t-ball. He's so excited he made me go out and buy his cleats already. He loves his baseball. He's also participating in the American Heart Association Heart Walk this next weekend. He's set a fund raising goal of $3500. I know...I told him that was kind of high. But he's determined that he's going to reach it. Anyway...if anyone would like to help him out, I've included the link to his website.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/login/ ... 4AE7C79D7C
My daughter is just as sassy as ever. What else would I expect? She's just like her mother. We are all doing wonderfully and I hope the same for you all as well. I will try to check in more often. Time flies when you're having fun. Heather and the Kids
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Babyk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:19 am

what a precious picture! he looks great!
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby jacksmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:26 pm

Wow...what a crazy year we have all had together! It is amazing to look back through the year and see everything that the kids (and us!) have been through! I feel like my "online cleft friends" are part of the family! You have all made this year much easier to deal with!
It has been exactly 1 year since Jackson's palate repair, and to look at him you would never know what all he's been through! I know our little guys (and gals) have BIG things in store for them!
Thanks Heather for keeping us posted....Eyson is precious! I LOVE his new picture! And....thanks to all of the rest of you for helping me through the hardest year of my life! I hope we will all be sure to stick around for those that come behind us......
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate