surgery pushed up a month/last minute advice???!!

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

surgery pushed up a month/last minute advice???!!

Postby mrobida » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:11 am

My daughter, Anne's, surgery was originally scheduled for March 4th, but we received a call yesterday saying that if we wanted to we could have the surgery next week, Feb. 12th. We went back and forth on the decision but decided that we just want to do it and get it over with. Well, I thought I had a month to prepare, but now I have less than a week! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any last minute advice for dealing with the healing process and/or if there is anything that I need to have around the house to prepare. Thanks for all of your help and your advice. You all are a great source of comfort! Wish us luck!

Michelle
mrobida

Postby Linda S S » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:12 am

Consider taking clothes for the baby that don't require going over the head, and toys she can play with even with "no-nos" on. For yourself, wear something that won't matter if it gets a little blood on it.
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Amy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:10 pm

Bring with you a book to read or something to do to pass the time...The surgeries are long and stressful...so try and keep yourself occupied....Also take pics of her before the surgery...she'll look a lot different afterwords...I had to remove ashlie's surgery cap to make sure she was my child after her first surgery....expect swelling too...but it goes down soon....I didn't expect it and was shocked when i first saw her...
mother of Katie and Ashlie (UCL)
Amy

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate