Surgery tomorrow

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Surgery tomorrow

Postby scaredmother » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:27 am

Andrew's surgery is tomorrow at 12:00p.m. His PS said it should take about 2 hours. He's also having tubes put in both ears. The PS said that he should be able to come home 24 hours after surgery. Please keep Andrew in your prayers.
Thanks,
Amanda
ImageImage
scaredmother

Postby mrobida » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:13 am

Best wishes and prayers to your family. I hope all goes as smoothly as can be expected and that your little one is back and at it in no time! Our surgery is next week!
mrobida

Postby KeepSmilin' » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Good luck to you!! I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts! :D
KeepSmilin'

Postby Linda S S » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:22 pm

My niece's UCL surgery was yesterday morning. It went so well they determined she didn't need to spend last night in the hospital as originally planned. She nursed before leaving the hospital but then didn't last night. She took water by spoon and ate lots of homemade organic applesauce last night. She didn't sleep much last night. This morning, after a little pain relief (liquid tylenol), she took lots of pumped breastmilk by syringe. She doesn't like the "no-no's" and keeps trying to get them off and get her hand to her mouth, so for now it's obvious she needs them.
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby scaredmother » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Andrew's Surgery went fantastic! He was sent home about 22 hours after surgery was over and he his now doing wonderful. A little cranky, but the swelling is gone and he's back to eating from his bottle. He hates his "No-no's" but he's dealing with them rather well. It went alot better then I had thought. I'm so glad he's home and doing well.
ImageImage
scaredmother

Hurray

Postby MinnMama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:56 pm

So glad your surgery went well!!!!!!!!!!!

How old was your son at the surgery date?

Any advice for the parents?

Minn Mama
Avery Elizabeth ULCLP
We are expecting a 4th child- a girl who will be born with a cleft lip and palate. Looking for any advice out there in Minnesota!
MinnMama

Postby mia's mom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and andrew!
mia's mom
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby scaredmother » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Andrew was 4 days old when he had his lip repair, and 2 days shy of 7 months for the palate repair. The only advise I can really give is, take it one day at a time. It's rough at first to see them hurting, but it seems to get better quick. Drew is already smiling and laughing. And have help, as much as possible. Someone to give you a break every few hours, so you don't wear yourself out. Also, I got a basket I could put everything he would need when he came home, like meds, formula, bottles, diapers, those kind of things so I could just pick the basket up and go from room to room without looking from everything.
ImageImage
scaredmother

Postby Babyk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 pm

So happy to hear all went well!

Avery is not having his palate repaired until July so we still have some time.
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate