Baby Girl Has Arrived- Avery Elizabeth in Minnesota!

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Baby Girl Has Arrived- Avery Elizabeth in Minnesota!

Postby MinnMama » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Our Little Girl Has arrived- She was 6lb 7oz and 19.5 inches. She is our little sweetie with lots of dark hair. Her cleft is what we expected. A wide unilateral cleft lip and also palate. Her palate seems quite narrow and she is eating very well. She is two weeks old. We are still in the process of selecting a Plastic Surgeon never dreaming it would be so hard to choose. Fortunate or unfortunate that there are so many Surgeons who repair clefts in our area. We will begin the oral retainer tomorrow. We are trying this device and hoping Avery will handle it well and that mom and dad can handle it well. If it is not tolerated well we will discontinue the process. I am also not excited about the surgery date. I thought at first that I would want it right away, but I am just enjoying my baby and do not want to hand her over to anyone. I am sure you all know how I feel. I'd add her photo, but I do not know how. Thanks to all those who have responded, I appreciate any and all advice.
Best Regards Michelle
We are expecting a 4th child- a girl who will be born with a cleft lip and palate. Looking for any advice out there in Minnesota!
MinnMama

Postby Linda S S » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Congrats!
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby wcs40110 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:45 pm

I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck finding a surgeon! I pretty much only had once choice but I guess he's supposed to be the best in the area. They flew a kid in from like Mexico so he could fix his really really bad cleft. Best wishes and glad to hear she's eating good.
wcs40110

Postby scaredmother » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Congrats!! And good luck with everything.
ImageImage
scaredmother

Postby KeepSmilin' » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Congrats! :D
KeepSmilin'

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate