Avery's POST OP

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Avery's POST OP

Postby Samm » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Well we are finally home from the hospital. I just knew an overnight would turn into a weeks stay.

Surgery went well, the bones in his gum had to be broken to put the gums together, his nose, nostrals and top lip are put together beautifully, but very tight.

And his ear tubes were put in.

His nose has stents put in, so tightly that he had some breathing issues, thats why we had to stay at childrens til today.

They sent him home with antibiotics and loritab liquid. Hes resting comfortably.

samuelavery.com

i will have his pics up by this evening.
Avery BCLP
8/10/2007
Samm

Postby KeepSmilin' » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. He sure is a sweetie!! :D Wishing you and your family the best as he recovers and gets back to his happy self. :D
KeepSmilin'

Postby jacksmom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Avery looks wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures after he starts healing up! Congrats on making it through the first big step!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby KeepSmilin' » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:02 pm

bumping this one because I'm wondering how Avery is doing? I know you're probably very busy with him! He's been in my thoughts and I'm hoping all's going very well for you and your whole family! :D
KeepSmilin'

Avery's recovery

Postby Babyk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi folks......I am Avery's Mom.

Well we have made it through the first hurdle and boy was it HIGH. I am glad to say that Avery is doing well and healing nicely. We had our checkup with Dr Williams yesterday and he is pleased as well.

Since his mouth is so small Doc wants to wait a little longer to do the palate so instead of April we're looking at July. He wants to give Avery time to grow a little more and for his lip to loosen up a little so it will not be so hard on him.

We will keep you updated! Thanks for all your support!
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hurray!

Postby MinnMama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 pm

So Glad to hear surgery went well. I have not replied to your post before, but we have been praying for your little Avery. I am sure this time has been exciting and hard to deal with at times.
God Bless your Family.

MinnMama- Michelle
Daughter Avery Elizabeth- 1 months old ULCLP
We are expecting a 4th child- a girl who will be born with a cleft lip and palate. Looking for any advice out there in Minnesota!
MinnMama

Postby Babyk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Thank you!

Right now we are battling a staph infection that apparently he picked up in the hospital. His pediatrician has drained the area and we are giving him some heavy-duty antibiotics and waiting for the culture to come back.

He is healing beautifully though. We are very pleased with the results of the surgery.

kelle
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate