bottles...

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

bottles...

Postby scaredmother » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 pm

My son is currently using the Haberman feeder, and I'm not a big fan of it now that he is old enough to hold his bottle by himself. He squeezes the nipple and shot milk all over himself and most every time gets himself in the eye. What are some bottle that others of you have used and work well. He hasn't had his palate repaired yet, so I need something that had a nipple he can still get the milk/cereal mixture out of.
scaredmother

Bottles

Postby racheleok » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:21 am

you can purchase Ross "Red Preemie" nipples from them online. they are very soft and long like the haberman and can be used on Dr. Brown's bottles and the evenflo comfort tip bottles. You can make the hole bigger or smaller with an exacto knife.
ImageImage

ImageImage
racheleok

Postby jacksmom » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 pm

You could also try the Pigeon Feeder bottles. They are relatively inexpensive compared to the Habermans. You may not get him to switch since he is so used to the Habermans. I tried to which my son at about 5 months, and he would have no part of it! He was determined to drink out of those expensive Haberman feeders! I have the website to order the pigeon bottles, if you are interested just let me know!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby heather » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm

I would suggest the pigeon nipple. Eyson took to it right away. They are much cheaper than the Haberman and I think they work better, too. They are fitted with a valve that keeps the nipple full so less air is swallowed. And with a flick of the baby's tongue, since there is no sucking, the milk is shot down into the baby's mouth. They also fit on any size bottle. I could order multiple nipples and use them in the cheap ol' Walmart bottles.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby scaredmother » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:16 pm

where do you order the pigeon nipple from? I've gone to the Pigeon website and didn't see anything other then a list of stores that had them, but upon going to their website could not find them.
scaredmother

Postby scaredmother » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:13 pm

After doing a lot of research on this I went out and bought Drew a Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow bottle yesterday and the Y cute nipples. I had to make the cute a tad bit bigger, but it worked great!
scaredmother

Postby heather » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm

You can order the from this website
https://store.childmed.com/?action=sear ... image.y=11

or you can call this number and order by phone
1-800-345-6443.

I hope this works for you. I'm sorry if it doesn't. It's been a while since i've had to order them. Eyson isn't using his bottle anymore. Let me know if you have any problems. Heather
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate