Merry Christmas

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Merry Christmas

Postby Hilla » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 pm

It has been long time since I´v written here...

Hilla´s update. Hilla is now 1 1/2 year old. We had had two surgeries (lip and palate). Hilla does not walk yet. I myself were a little "slow white" and started walking when I was about two years old. But of course I worry since there is a cleft kid concern. It is like I always scare that there is something else also. Sometimes it is hard to see Hilla "through" the cleft. I am a worrier but gladly not all the time. Hilla is crazy about Curious George both the movie and the pet:)

Merry Christmas to you all!! And welcome new members!

-Laura and Hilla (unilateral cleft lip and palate)
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby jacksmom » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Laura, I checked out the website and Hilla is beautiful with her big blue eyes! The kids are growing so fast! It is hard to remember how little they all were when we started this journey together! Hilla and Jackson are the same age, and he is not walking yet either. It is frustrating on some days, and then on other days I really don't think much about it. Just as a precaution, he is in physical therapy twice a week, but I know in my heart that he is just being stubborn! Just last week I walked in the kitchen and he was standing up all by himself, and as soon as he saw me, he sat down! It is hard not to worry when you are a Mommy! It was nice to have an update on little Hilla. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Mum from down under » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:00 pm

what a sweet heart how much she has grown. Glad to see all is well with you and your family big hugs to you all
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby karleysmom » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:18 pm

It's been a long time since I've been on here too. Wow, I thought I was the only one, Karley is almost 13 months and she isn't walking either. She also doesn't crawl, she screams when I put her on her belly. She does sometimes scoot around but no real crawling. I asked the pediatrician about it and she said she wouldn't worry about it until she hit 15 months.
-Karen 7/10/73 soft and hard cleft palate

Mom of....
Caleb 10/26/95 (NCA)
Will 4/23/97 (NCA) stepson
Karley 11/30/06 soft and hard cleft palate
karleysmom

Postby Mum from down under » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:30 am

Trust me ladies enjoy them while they not walking Evan walked @ 13 months & now runs every were my friends little girl whom is also a cleft baby @ 16 1/2 months my other friends baby did walk until 17 months old
they really walk when they are good & ready. The best part about it is walk with them & holding that wee little hand I cried the first time Evan wanted to hold my hand. :D
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Hilla » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. It is great to here from all of you. Talk to again:)

Very HAPPY and JOYFUL new year!

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate