Hello New to this website! Anyone in MINNESOTA?

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Hello New to this website! Anyone in MINNESOTA?

Postby MinnMama » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:01 pm

I am looking to make contact with any Minneapolis family dealing with a cleft lip and palate. We have a little girl on the way who will likely have both. She is expected to arrive in late Jan.
[/b]
MinnMama

Postby jacksmom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi! Welcome to the group! Hopefully you will find lots of support here. I am not from Minn, but I have an 18 month old with a bil cleft palate, that was repaired in April. I wish I would have known about it before he was born. It gives you some time to familiarize yourself with all of the different feeding options, and maybe even talk with some cleft teams before your little one arrives. I can tell you that the past year has been tough, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It has brought me so many new friends, and brought our family so much closer. If you have any questions, or just want to talk, feel free to message me anytime, or I would be glad to send you my email. Hopefully you can find someone on here that is closer and can suggest some good doctors! Also, you may want to look into www.cleftadvocate.org They have a lot of good info and a great group for online support also. Good Luck!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

MN

Postby Linda S S » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:35 pm

I have a young niece born with UCL. Although they live in WI, they'll probably have the surgery done in Minneapolis. No date set yet. Welcome!
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate