Avery's Surgery Date

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Avery's Surgery Date

Postby Samm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Avery will be having lip surgery on Jan. 14th 2008.

What can i expect? How long will his hospital stay be? Will he be on pain medicine? How long until he will be more like himself?

Surgery will be at Childrens, scottish rite hospital Atlanta Ga.
Avery BCLP
8/10/2007
Samm

Postby samjune79 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:37 pm

This is exciting news! Is he still on a feeding tube? I think if he is still on the feeding tube you may not have as hard of a time as I did with feeding after surgery. Kyle had pain meds for 3 days after we were home from the hospital and we stayed 1 night. Kyle was really constipated from the codine meds and had to use a suppository to get him to poop (had to go to the ER to find this out).

But, I think the hardest part was the feeling that I could not hold Kyle on my shoulder for fear that I would bump his lip. I was just so beside myself on how to hold him without hurting him. And those arm restraints were way to easy for Kyle to get out of but he didn't put his fingers in his mouth so I just took them off.

Overall, the lip surgery was way easier than the palate surgery.
samjune79
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Samm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:05 pm

Hey

i was gonna mail you on myspace. lol

Avery keeps growing lol, we called him our little butterball through thanksgiving. So yeah we are happy with all this news.

hes still on the feeding tube, inwhich they will put his button on during his lip surgery, also his ear tubes will also be inserted the same day.

we see the surgeon on the 10th then surgery on the 14th.

keep him your thoughts and prayers, thanks.

happy holidays to you all
Avery BCLP
8/10/2007
Samm

Postby samjune79 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:16 am

yes, I do see your little butterball videos. I love the way your mom talks to Avery. So cute.

I really do think the feeding tube will make his surgery less traumatic for him. The rest is traumatic for you and your family seeing him all puffy. You will truly miss the way he looks now, but will love the progress he will be making.

I will be thinking of you guys this holiday season.
samjune79
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate