Nuby soft spout

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Nuby soft spout

Postby samjune79 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Ok, most of you say this was the cup for you, then why can't my son drink out of it. It doesn't seem like he can suck it at all. I would like to try to get him to drink out of a sippy cup for all but before bedtime bottles by the time he is 1 years old. I have other cups but they just come out way to fast if I don't use the stopper but I don't think he can suck out of it with it on either. Advise on how you got your babies to work it out?
samjune79
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby wcs40110 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 pm

My daughter doesn't do all that good with sippers period. She can drink out of open cups better, She just seems to gulp, almost choke. Shes getting better now and shes 13 months so maybe their just not ready?
wcs40110

Postby jacksmom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Samantha, Jackson never took much to the regular Nuby cups either. Nuby also makes a bottle that has sippy cup adapters that you can buy seperately. The tops are a little more narrow like a bottle, and they just have one little slit so the liquid doesn't come out too fast, but they can still get it out with the same kind of "biting" motion. The only place I have ever been able to find them is Babies R Us. Now Jackson just uses a regular hard spout Gerber cup like his brother. I was hesitant to give him that kind, but he insists on everything being like his Big Brother's! I even have to give him the same color!
I'll try to post the link to those cup if I can find them online. But, you may have to give him a little more time. Jackson just recently got off his bottle completely (at 16 months). Some of that was me wanting to keep him a baby though.......they grow TOO fast!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby jacksmom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 pm

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2864052

That's the link to the bottles, but I couldn't find the sippy cup adapters online. Just make sure to not to get them confused with the wideneck ones, because then the sippy adapter is wide like a regular Nuby. May be worth a try.....
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby samjune79 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm

I think I'll try this one out. Thanks
samjune79
Advanced Member
Advanced Member