Palate surgery next week

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Palate surgery next week

Postby heather » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Eyson's palate surgery is quickly approaching and my fiance as well as myself are as nervous as can be. I think he's worse than I am and Eyson's not even his. I guess that means he loves him like his own. Anyway...that's beside the point. I haven't gotten Eyson off the bottle yet. I'm hoping that he takes to the sippy cups easily. With the two other children i'm hoping they behave and make his recovery process as easy as possible. But keep us in mind on the 27th. If I can keep him healthy we'll be in the hospital. Heather
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby wcs40110 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 pm

I'll be thinking of you guys. Everyone always says it's harder on the parents than the kid. Dakotas Dr said she could go home the day she got her lip done. I was like "No!" he he. Best wishes and hope everything goes well.
wcs40110

Postby jacksmom » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Heather, Eyson will definitely be in our prayers next week. I know everything will be fine, it will just be a rough week for you! Just hang in there and always keep in mind that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Jackson went right back to taking his Haberman after surgery. That is one thing that has always confused me, is why different doctors have different rules! When I asked our PS about it he said that it was going to be hard enough to get him to eat period, why change his feeding method at a time like that! I don't know...I guess they all have their own ways! If you have Ms Beth for your nurse practitioner......be sure and tell her Hi from Jackson Standridge! She will definitely remember us! (I'm not sure in a good way or bad... :wink: ) He is in great hands! Be sure and keep me posted and write me anytime if you need support! Lots of hugs and prayers!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Chicken Little » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:58 pm

My daughters surgery is next week as well to fix her cleft pallet. I am also nervous. What if anything were you told to expect. My daughter is still on a bottle as well. She uses the haberman nipple
Chicken Little

Postby heather » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:03 pm

I've been told to expect that he may need to be syringe fed for a little bit. I'm not looking forward to that at all. He doesn't use a pacifier anymore so at least I don't have to worry about him wanting that. I don't really know what to expect. I haven't been told much and I guess I'm really just going to have to wing it. I do know that they told me an overnight stay for sure and possibly two if he doesn't eat according to their expectations.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby jacksmom » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Good luck tomorrow! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! :) Love that shirt Eyson has on in the pic. Jackson has the same one!
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate