Palate Separation Please help....

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Palate Separation Please help....

Postby Jacobsmommy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:13 pm

My son is 19 months old today he is growing teeth that i never knew to expect and his palate is growing apart. Can anyone give me advice? What do I do when Tylenol wont take away the pain? Did anyone have x-rays done to see where the teeth will grow? Jacobs first dentist appt is in December do they x-ray 2 year olds?
Britany & Jacob bcl&p
Jacobsmommy

Postby mookie59 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:31 pm

Britany,
I don't have any answers for you since my cleft baby (granddaughter we are raising) is only 9 months old and only has 5 teeth. She also hasn't had her hard palate repaired yet.

But I did want to say that I see you are from Durham, NC. I am from western NC myself. May I ask which hospital & cleft team you are using? We are going to Brenner Children's Hospital at Wake Forest University.

I'm not sure if you're interested or not but there is a local support network message board for those in the Raleigh-Durham area. I frequent the board even though I'm not from that area but from NC. The reason I mentioned it is you might meet some families local to you for you & your son to spend time with.
:)
Here's a link to it:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/triface2face/

I will be interested in hearing what the others say. And I wish the two of you well. :)
Jennifer
Nanny to Taylor (uclbcp)
11/1/06
lip repair - 4 months
soft palate repair - 6 months
hard palate repair - 10 months
fistula repair - scheduled March 14th
mookie59

Postby jacksmom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:26 am

Britany, I would get in touch with your cleft team as soon as possible. I'm sure that they could get you in before December with all of the concerns you have. Maybe until then you could try using Motrin instead of Tylenol. Sometimes it helps more because of the anti-inflammatory. Good Luck!
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate