Augie made it through palat surgery

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Augie made it through palat surgery

Postby Augiesmom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:29 am

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that Augie had his palate surgery on June 21st and the surgery went very well. I have been reading the other recent post op experiences and our experience has been very similar. Augie had a rough time in the hospital and then when we got him home he did not want to drink or eat anything. After tracking his fluid intake for 4 days we called his surgeon and she suggested we bring him in. We went in to see her and she said although she rarely allows this we could let Augie use his bottle again because she was a little concerned about dehydration (he was drinking about half the fluid ounces he should have been). Boy, you should have seen how many bottles he put away that day! Anyway, he is not sleeping well and he wakes up crying but he gets better everyday. On top of everything he is cutting two teeth so it is fun times at my house but we are all making the best of it.
augustus "augie" (born 8/5/06 BCLP)
lip repair (11/21/06)
palate repair (06/21/07)
Augiesmom

Postby jacksmom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:44 pm

Yes, unfortunately that all sounds about right! Day 10 seemed to be the turning point for us, and our PS said that's what most of his most of the parents say, so hang in there, it will get better and then you will have a new little boy! Jackson seems to be SO much happier than before! Good Luck!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Samm » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:04 pm

its nice to read of the success stories!
Avery BCLP
8/10/2007
Samm

Postby tigerlilly149 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 pm

I'm glad the surgery was a success! But how crazy it must be to just go through surgery and have to deal with the fussiness of that, and then to put teeth on top of it! Ugh! I hope the craziness ends soon!
Ethan Alexander
April 23, 2007
tigerlilly149

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate