worried about feeding solids again after palate repair

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

worried about feeding solids again after palate repair

Postby nikkie8622 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:10 pm

:( , hi all , mason has not long had his palate repair and the cleft nurse that visits me at home checked Mason's stitches and said that one looked like it was about to split or maybe had split. She recommended pro-biotic yoghurt's / drinks , she said something in them helps heal very well. So he has been drinking those for about a week now. Im hoping its done some good.
However onto the question , How did you all go about re-introducing solids again after palate surgery? Did you start from stage 2 foods again and work up ? Mason is getting incredible frustrated with only having Mushy foods and not what he like when he likes lol, As the time is approaching to wean him back on to solids im becoming more and more worried. I fear the stitches may split in an area that's not yet healed properly any advice?
I know im rambling , sorry!
nikkie8622

Postby jacksmom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Nikkie, our PS told us that after two weeks we could go back to feeding Jackson everything that he was eating before surgery. You may want to check with them, but if everything is healing fine, I don't see why he couldn't eat whatever he wants! Woo-Hoo.....at least they are back to eating!!!!! :lol:
Good Luck!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate