Howdy!

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Howdy!

Postby dakwegmo » Fri May 18, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm new to the forums and just thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Marcus, I have a son, Spencer, who was born in October with what the doctors described as a moderately large unilateral cleft lip and palate.

This is a picture of him at 3 months (about two weeks before his lip repair).

And this is a picture of him a week after his lip repair.

My wife and I were amazed at how much we missed his old smile after the surgery. It took a few weeks before we really got used to the new look.

Anyway, hello all.
dakwegmo

Postby Hilla » Sat May 19, 2007 12:58 pm

Hello and welcome!

He is adorable! It is odd how much we cleft parents remind each other. I also missed Hilla´s cleft after the repair. My Hilla is about one year-old now and she was also born with wide unilateral cleft lip and palate.

How have you been doing? Did you know beforehand that your baby would have a cleft?

LOVED THE PICS

-Laura and Hilla
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Jacobsmommy » Sun May 20, 2007 1:20 am

I'm Britany, your son is So cute! I hope you took lots of pictures! My son has bilateral cleft lip and palate, and when he had surgery I remember telling my mom I wanted my baby back. I was so used to his cleft, and he looked so grown when it was fixed. But I know know it was OK to feel that way, but it's great to go back and look and remember isn't it?
Britany & Jacob bcl&p
Jacobsmommy

Postby jacksmom » Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm

He is PRECIOUS! Even before his surgery, you can look at him and tell that he is a sweet, happy boy! Those big blue eyes are so cute! Reminds me a lot of my little one, who is getting big way too fast! :cry: Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the group!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Samm » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey
Your son is beautiful, the job they (surgeons) did was great. I will take a ton of pics of before and after. I will also have a personal website up after his birth with pics and video clips.

I am definately calling Dr Williams. i Totally appreciate all your advice and help.
Avery BCLP
8/10/2007
Samm

Postby Z-Pup » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:46 pm

OMG Spencer is Soooo very cute!!!!!

Zach, my son, was born in Sept, with a wide unilateral cleft...the surgeron said on a scale of 1-10 his was an 8!

Welcome to our group!! Hope to see more of you!
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate