palate repair revision question:(

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

palate repair revision question:(

Postby carriesantos » Thu May 03, 2007 8:11 pm

Unfortunately my daughter is going to need revision done to her palate that was just repaired. The recovery for the initial surgery was horrible. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum has had to have any revision's? If so, was the recovery process as bad as the first? The PS said there was a lot of tension in the area where she needs the revision. It's on the soft part of the palate. Thanks, Carrie
carriesantos

sorry

Postby Heide » Fri May 04, 2007 11:02 am

Hi Carrie, I am so sorry to hear about the need for revision surgery. I have no experience with it but just wanted to let you know that I am wishing you and your daughter all the best with it, I hope the recovery will be better. Heide
Heide
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

soft palate repair

Postby Daddy's butterfly » Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 am

Hi! My name is Kristina and my daughter Gabriella had a soft palate repair in December 2006. We too were told that Gabriella would need more surgery. She developed a fistula between the hard and soft palate (most tension). We actually decided to wait before doing more surgery and got a second opinion. So glad that we did. The fistula healed a lot on its own. Gabriella's speech is improving- she's 13 months now.. We go back to the PS in September, and at that time will decide if more surgery is needed or not. People can live with a fistula-- surgery is required only if the speech is abnormal (so I'm told). i hope so of this info is helpful.. Good luck. Keep in touch.

Kristina :P
Daddy's butterfly

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate