Check Up Thursday....

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Check Up Thursday....

Postby HollyBee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi there, we go for 6 month check up or in with the Plastic Surgeon on Thursday the 3rd. He told us that we will likely be booked for Graeme's palate surgery within 6-8 weeks of this appointment and I guess that all depends on what he sees this time. Last time he said there was lots of tissue there that he could repair it at anytime but he wanted Graeme to be a little older. Does anyone have any good questions that I should be asking him at this time? I've been brainstorming things that I want to ask but I'm drawing blanks. I know I have to clarify the sippy cup thing and I want to know how long Graeme will be in the hospital for. If anyone has any heads up for me I welcome the information from the experienced!!!

Have a great weekend, we'll check in when we have more information. Hope everyone's doing well.
HollyBee
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby HollyBee » Thu May 03, 2007 10:22 pm

We had our check up today, looks like 2-3 months yet but then he said June-ish so I think well know our booking date fairly soon. I've been told his repair will be a straight line rather than the "Z" due to the nature of Graeme's palate and that it would be too tight with the Z. I'm pretty confident that he knows what to do! :D So we will let you know when our date is set.

Take Care
HollyBee
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Surgery Date Confirmed!

Postby HollyBee » Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi there, just got the letter today, Graeme goes for surgery on June 19th. So the countdown is on! Now the fun part is making the soother disappear in the next month! Maybe he won't want it anyway after surgery.

Take Care
HollyBee
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate