Checkin In...

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Checkin In...

Postby Z-Pup » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:29 am

Hello all,
Haven't been by in a while and wanted to pop in and say hello while the wee one is napping. Well he is not a wee one anymore LOL goodness how they grow so fast. Zach turned 7 months old this past Saturday!! He is very happy that Momma has figured out how he likes his solids now!! It wasn't thick enough for him, he likes it much thicker than it comes out of the jars, we put oatmeal cereal in it and mix it up, he eats it like a champ! AND OMG has been sleeping thru the night this past week b/c of the solids!! I am a happy camper!

We go in to put tubes in his ears May 11. His palate surgery is July 11 and were planning on doing the tubes then, well we had a well baby visit the end of March, and my ped set us up with an ENT without my knowledge. So I said what the heck we will go see him, appt was Monday, and said like everyone else he needs tubes, DUH. But me and hubby got to talking, and decided to go ahead and do it now, cuz you never know something may happen between now and July and then he gets real uncommfy. And how comfortable can you be with fluid on your ears??

As of yesterday he has gotten his lil legs up under him, before then it was just push ups with his arms and scooting backwards. Well he has discovered he can get from his belly to his bum now, so I immediatly went and lowered the crib before he went down last night. All was quiet when I put him down as usual, well 15 mins later I hear a WAIL! So I go in to see if he's gotten his leg stuck in the rail as he has done before, and this is what I find....
"NOW WTH do I do!?!?"

Before Surgery:
Just the other day...boy what a change:
First trip to the beach:

Hope everyone else is doing well. :D
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby hatchedk » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:11 pm

Wow! Sleeping through the night makes for a happy mama! Andy just figured that out about a month ago...way too long for me!
He looks great....and it's great you went ahead and did the tubes because the fluid can mess with his hearing.
Time just flies....my Andy is almost 1year old! Where did this year go?
Karen
Karen...Mom to Katie 9/9/04(NCA) and Andrew 5/16/06 (UCLP)
hatchedk
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate