Emerging Model???

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Emerging Model???

Postby Julie Lauzon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi All I just wanted to share a recent experience i had with my son Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a ul&p in Sept 2003. He went through the lip surgery at 12 weeks and the palate surgery at 9 months and has been doing very well.

Anyway a few weeks ago i saw an ad for a model search in our area so i decided to bring Nicholas down to try out. Eveyone tells me he should be in pictures because he is so cute, which he is and he is very photogenic and he loves attention. Part of me did just to see if they would bypass him given the fact he was born with a cleft, i know that sounds bad but typically modeling agencies want perfection. He is perfect in our eyes no matter what. Granted his scar is not that visible but still.

So we got there and while we were waiting for the representatives from the agency to come in and start the screening, my little show off got up on the stage and begins singing You are my sunshine, twinkle twinkle little star and happy birthday. He had everyone in hysterics. As the 2 ladies from the agency came in they caught some of his performance and told me oh yeah he belongs on stage...

Anyway when it was his turn they called his name and he ha to go stand on an x in front of a cam corder and the lady asked him his name how old he was, his favorite tv show and favorite ice cream, to which he enthusiastically answered

" I Nicholas, and i am 3 (holding out his fingers), the wiggles and sesame street and banilla banilla(vanilla ice cream) The woman said thank you Nicholas, no please smile for the camera which he did and then he responded thank you very much and took a bow!!!! then said i go play now bye bye see ya later....

Mr. SHY HE IS NOT!!! Takes nothing after me since i hide from the camera and any unnecessary attention.

So the process was to call the next day to see if he was selected. which
HE WAS!!!! :D I WAS AS PROUD AS A PEACOCK!!! Hey even if he wasn't it wouldn't have mattered but i guess it just goes to show that diversity is key!!!! He will be added to their website and client list and if they call us for a job we can decide if it is something we want to do.

Take care and i will keep you updated if something more comes of this

Julie
Mon to Nicholas ucl&p 3 1/2 yrs old
Auburn, Massachusetts
Julie Lauzon
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Hilla » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:15 pm

Hello

Gongratulations! I would love to see pics of your little model? I also have child with cleft lip and palate. It was really good to hear about your son.
Best wishes.

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby HollyBee » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:09 am

Oh that is just too cute!!!!
HollyBee
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate