Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is :)

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is :)

Postby Z-Pup » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hey, everything is great here.

Hey those of you that have a child that is not cleft affected as well, I have a strange question LOL. Keep in mind I am FTM :lol: Drool. :shock: First I thought that there was just soooooooooo much of it because he is cleft affected? He has alllways been a slobernocker as I call him, but I always put it off to the rather large "hole in his lip" :wink: but his lip has been repaired. Soo now it has me to thinking it's a flippin' normal baby thing! and maybe teething :!: :shock: :!: LOL and OMG he spits!! LOL it's soo cute but how in the WORLD do they have to much in their mouth LOL

and just because I can not resist, here are some pics of my lil man :)

LOL
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Hilla » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Hello,

Everything is fine here too. It was great to here from you. Is that a bumbo baby sitter where your cutie is sitting on?

Hilla has finally started to eat bigger portions. I hope she will grow bigger and taller now. She has been pretty small. We saw our speech therapist and she said that Hilla should practice to swing her tongue a lot. The letters will come easier if her tongue does not lie on the back of her mouth all the time. She already knows many letters. Vowels (except ö, y) and M, V and even L (to a certain point).

The palate surgery is in my mind constantly (though it will in in June). The time does not fly when you are waiting...

I don´t know how it is there but the whether in Finland has been FREEZING this last week!! Next week the temperature will come down...
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby karleysmom » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm

He is such a cutie :) I love the onesies, did you get them from Target? Karley has two pink ones, one has "Daddy Does My Hair" and the other one has "Worth The Wait", I love them. As far as drooling goes, Karley has a cleft palate and when she feeds from her bottle I have noticed she drools alot up under her chin, it has all kinds of bubbles in it. I wasn't sure if that was normal either, my nca son never drooled like that except for when he was teething and I know she can't be, she's only two months? :? It's no big deal for us we just wipe it up with her bib.
-Karen 7/10/73 soft and hard cleft palate

Mom of....
Caleb 10/26/95 (NCA)
Will 4/23/97 (NCA) stepson
Karley 11/30/06 soft and hard cleft palate
karleysmom

Postby hatchedk » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:12 pm

Zachary is too cute! Andy is quite the spitter upper and drooler too. I think the cleft doesn't help the spitting up but it could be totally unrelated too.
Things are a little crazy here...
Andy has his palate surgery on Friday if everything goes as planned. There is a lot going against us though...
Andy got a cold this weekend and was running really high temps. Now the temps are gone but he has a yucky cough. So we shall see how it goes.
On top of that my plastic surgeon is very pregnant and having contractions early. So we shall see if this really happens....
It stinks to have everything planned and then not know if it is going to happen or not!
You can check out pictures of my cutie pie at
katieandyhatch.blogspot.com
I will keep you all posted!
Karen
Karen...Mom to Katie 9/9/04(NCA) and Andrew 5/16/06 (UCLP)
hatchedk
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Hilla » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:58 am

Hello Karen,

I really hope everything goes as they are planned!!!!

Andy is so wonderful. He is already standing! Hilla does not even sit properly yet. She can stand if I keep her standing. There are a pic of her standing (halkiovave.vuodatus.net ...the back round changes but the story goes on...) but I am holding her though it does not show in the pic. Andy has a cute bear. I bought that same bear to my friends baby. Speaking about toys, I remember when I lived in U.S that there where "toys R us". We have that in here (Finland) now too, it came couple years ago :)

Well I just keep my fingers crossed about the palate surgery for Andy.

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby gregory » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:16 am

Zachary looks great!
By the way, where did you get the quotable bodysuits?

Karen, good luck with Andy’s operation on Friday.

Gregory (father 10yoB born PRS)
gregory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby heather » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:01 pm

He is so cute. Eyson has started with the tons of drool himself. I can't keep up with it. He has everything in his mouth now. I hope it calms down a little bit. Heather
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate