Questions about surgery

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Questions about surgery

Postby jacksmom » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi! Hope everybody is staying warm! We go to the cleft clinic on Thursday to schedule Jackson's palate repair. This will be our first experience with surgery, so I was hoping you veterans could give me some good questions that I need to be sure and ask. You know how it is when you get there and you're a nervous wreck and you can't think of anything. Then you get home and think of a million questions you wish you had asked! :? Thanks for your help! I'll be sure and let you all know when our surgery date is!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby karleysmom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi Allison, we haven't actually been through surgery yet but when I first found out about Karley's cleft palate the local Cleft Palate Team here in Jacksonville, FL gave us a folder FULL of information about her cleft. While browsing through the info I found numerous links to websites (actually how I found this awesome board and you guys). :) One of the websites I found had a full page on different questions you can ask. Its probably just a generalized group of questions but I'm sure people on here can give you more specific questions you can ask. Hope this helps :)

http://www.widesmiles.org/cleftlinks/WS-131.html
-Karen 7/10/73 soft and hard cleft palate

Mom of....
Caleb 10/26/95 (NCA)
Will 4/23/97 (NCA) stepson
Karley 11/30/06 soft and hard cleft palate
karleysmom

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate