Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Vada, 3 days post op, ULCP

Postby sodapop » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:20 pm

sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Hilla » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:58 am

Welcome back. She looks great! Even her lip is just perfectly attached together. How are you all? How was the time in the hospital?

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Z-Pup » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:25 am

Maria!!

OMG Vada looks WONDERFUL...I know you are glad it's over with! Zach had those wonderful stints too!! LOL...hey...where are her no no's ;) Oh and those stints aren't as long at you think they are either, really only about half and inch. And you won't believe how much more the swelling will go down either.

Well now we all just have to move on to the palate surgery...any clue as to when hers is? Zach's will be June/July don't have a rock hard date yet.

She is beautiful!!!

*HUGS*
Tia
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby chicka-monkey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:32 am

She looks great! They tried them stints, but had to take them out right away because she couldn't breathe with them in.

Your daughter looks perfect!
Carrie (user name chicka-monkey)

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
DD - 11/3/05 ~ bilateral cleft lip & palate ~
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby SherriVnNC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:09 pm

Your daughter looks wonderful. She will heal quickly. Babies are remarkable little creatures!
SherriVnNC

Postby tkebino » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:40 am

She looks GREAT.

How are you holding up????
Tracy
DD Jessica 1/18/00
DS EJ(Eddie) 5/18/05 Cleft of Soft Palate
tkebino
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby sodapop » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:43 am

Thanks for your replys. Vada is doing well. She started trying to smile a few days after surgery. She is still taking tylenol. I tried to see how long she could go without today and she went about 6 hours and then it was time, so it is still hurting enough to need tylenol i suppose. It is healing raelly well. Some of the dissolvable stitches are coming out. Her post op is monday the 29th. I am hoping they will take the nasal stints out then too, but dont know for sure. She just started taking the haberman again today. She would only take a syringe and tube feeding since after the surgery on tuesday! That is exhausting! I am glad we didnt have to feed her like that for a long period of time! She has her days and nights mixed up for some reason so we are dealing with that. But everyday is better! Her palate surgery will be sometime in June or July i think, we dont have it scheduled yet. I knew they would do a good job but i still worried of course. She went back all smiley and laughing and i guess when she was taken to recovery she was kicking and screaming, they had to relocate her IV twice because of her kicking. I am not sure why they didnt come and get me but we went and waited in the room for her. It was very emotional seeing her right away. She just looked SO different. I was scared to pick her up because of all the tubes and wires she was hooked to. But we got through this one, hopefully only 2 more surgeries to go! We are praying. Thanks for your caring and concern. Will talk to you all soon

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby sodapop » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:49 am

Oh and i dont make her wear the no-nos all the time, i think it is terrible to restrain them! She is at such a crucial age of using her hands! We just watch her closely. She really doesnt try to touch her lip/nose much and when she does we pull her hand away and say no no. Tia- post some new pics of Zach! Oh and i showed my mom Hillas web site and she was amazed at how much a few of the pics you have up look exactly like Vada. More when she was an infant than now but still it is crazy, and you have a beautiful family!

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 am

We didn't make Zach where the restraints either LOL He had his surgery on Monday, the 8th by Thursday he was only wearing them when he was going to bed, he wouldn't mess with his nose, but goodness he wanted his fingers in his mouth, and we let him have them because that was healed enough to do so, but he would never touch his nose with the stints. Zach had his removed at the post op appointment so I'm sure Vada will have hers removed as well.

Now as to the pictures....*grins* I'm getting DSL today I can't wait LOL...so I'll post new pics later on today, but if you go look in "Home again Jiggity Jog" there are new pics in there of surgery and after.
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 am

sodapop wrote:She just looked SO different. I was scared to pick her up because of all the tubes and wires she was hooked to.

Maria

It's CRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY how different Zach looks, I'm used to it by now obviously, but OMG :!: when I got a good look at Zach, I saw him in recovery, and while at the hospital and it was all still swollen, but actually a few days later..when the swelling was mostly gone, and all the dried blood wiped up, all that good stuff...it was sooooo strange to sit and look at him. Because I LOOOVED him before, and in my "Perfect World" where I didn't have to do this I really wouldn't of! But that wasn't to happen and he had surgery...now I look at him and think "ya know, he was beautiful before, but he just kinda looks right now, ya know what I mean?" So on this side of the surgery I am sooo glad I had it done...but ask me the same question before surgery and it was such a different answer!!
Lots of Love,

Tia

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate