hi im new

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

hi im new

Postby lynn81 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:24 pm

hi my name is linda. i liked being called lynn.
i am married with 3 boys.
talyor is 5.
kadyn is 4.
connor is going to be 2 soon.

our kadyn was born with SVT's, exzama, and a bilateral cleft lip. he had his lip fixed at 2 months old. and has only needed one surgery for that. recently we took him to a dentist for the first time and he had xrays done. we always new that there where gonna be issues with his teeth but never did we exspect this. his 4 front (the permanent ones that still in the gums) are pointed and twisted together. they look like fangs. the dentist says he will needs braces as soon as they come down. as for making them look normal we didnt even discuss that i think that i was in 2 much shock. he also told us that his bite in the back only lines up on the rite side which exsplains why he eats so slow he can only effentively chew on one side.
i am hope that i will be able to find some people/ parents that i can relate to on here. i didnt even know that this exsisted, the cleft lip, till they did my c section and showed him to me for the first time. i had never heard of it. i dont know of anyone in my family or have any friends that have had to deal with this. so this is a new thing day by day for me and my family.
lynn
lynn81

pics

Postby lynn81 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 am

http://kadynscleft.shutterfly.com/action/

here are a few pics that i have of kadyn... one before his surgery. he had a bilateral cleft lip. then one taken at the hospital after the surgery. one of him now and one of him and his brothers.
lynn81

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate