Baby is sick once again...need to postpone 3rd time

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Baby is sick once again...need to postpone 3rd time

Postby jesselane0206 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Well if anyone read the post I made a week or so ago you know that I wrote about my 7 month old getting sick everytime before the 2nd surgery to fix his lip. We have postponed 2 times now and I think we are headed for a 3rd. Christmas night we ended up at the ER with him and found out he has an URI and is on 4 medicines right now to see if they could get him better in time for the 5th for the surgery. He is still coughing and sneezing and still wheezes every now and then. Maybe he will be better until next Friday..I sure hope so cause I hate putting this off all the time but yet there is no way I want them to operate on him while he is sick...infact they just wont do it if they see he is sick.
On another note...I read on here about insurance covering the MJ soft bottles for clefts. Does anyone know what insurances do cover it? My son is running out of bottles big time....its for sure time to get more. Thanks.
jesselane0206

Postby jacksmom » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:21 pm

Hi! Hope your little one gets better soon! We just recently spent three nights in the hospital with upper respiratory stuff too! No fun having a sick baby! :cry: We have Blue Cross, and for some reason, they pay for our Haberman feeders when we get them through the doctor's office, but when I order them on my own and then file the claim, it always gets denied! We can't seem to figure it out! But, we have just started getting them from the plastic surgeons office and letting them file it under our insurance.They usually keep several on hand. So maybe try that! Good Luck! Let us know how the surgery goes!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby chicka-monkey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:25 pm

I hope he gets better soon! I would hate to postpone the surgery so many times! That's too bad! I will send my prayers that he is better by the 5th!~
Carrie (user name chicka-monkey)

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
DD - 11/3/05 ~ bilateral cleft lip & palate ~
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Mum from down under » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:38 pm

We have our fingers crossed here that all will be well for the 5th good luck & keep us all posted.
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate