new to the board

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

new to the board

Postby jesselane0206 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Kim and I am from Pennsylvania. I have two little boys (both born with unilateral cleft lips and palates). My oldest turns 4 today and the yongest is only 7 months. The oldest has had the lip and palate both repaired and the youngest has had stage one of his lip repair done. He would have stage two (the final step) done but both times we had the surgery set up for he got sick. Now its on Jan 5th and wouldnt you know it....last night he started to sneeze and now today is coughing. Looks like we have a trip to the doctor on Tues to get him on some medicine to see if we can knock it outta him before the 5th. I sure wouldnt want to have to put off the surgery again!! When I got pregnant with the youngest the doctor told me there was only a 1% chance he would have the clefts since it was a different father then the oldest...gues he took that 1% chance and ran with it lol. So...the only thing they can figure is that I am missing a gene or something that is giving my kids the clefts. Has anyone else ever heard of this...two kids with two different fathers and both having the clefts?? Well just wanted to say hi to everyone. Happy Holidays!!
jesselane0206

Postby Mum from down under » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:31 am

Welcome to the group sorry I can't help you with your question. Have you been gene tested, maybe that could help. I hope your little one gets better in time for his op good luck & keep us posted.
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate