sharing pictures

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

sharing pictures

Postby lislas » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Hello, I've always loved looking at pictures that people post and I remember after my daughter was born with a UCL&P, how nice it was to see repairs. As a proud mom, I thought I would share some pics of my daughter for anyone who would like to take a peak. She was born in Feb, had lip repair in April, ear tubes in June, and just had her palate surgery last Thursday (12/14/06). I'm going to try and make this a link, but I've been having problems so please let me know if you are unable to view them. Thanks
(otherwise, try to copy and paste....sorry!)

http://www.haileylyn.shutterfly.com
lislas

Re: sharing pictures

Postby Hilla » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:53 pm

[quote="lislas"]Hello, I've always loved looking at pictures that people post and I remember after my daughter was born with a UCL&P, how nice it was to see repairs. As a proud mom, I thought I would share some pics of my daughter for anyone who would like to take a peak. She was born in Feb, had lip repair in April, ear tubes in June, and just had her palate surgery last Thursday (12/14/06). I'm going to try and make this a link, but I've been having problems so please let me know if you are unable to view them. Thanks
(otherwise, try to copy and paste....sorry!)

http://www.haileylyn.shutterfly.com[/quote]

Hello,

You daughter looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing. My daughter will have her palate repaired in May 2007 (lip is repaired already).

MERRY CHRISTMAS

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby lislas » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Laura-good luck with the palate repair, it will be a nice relief when it's done. I hope all goes well! The pictures of your daughter are adorable as well. They sure are amazing little wonders!
Lissa
lislas

Postby chicka-monkey » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:39 am

She is a gorgeous baby! DARLING!!!! I love those great big eyes. The lip repair looks great!
Carrie (user name chicka-monkey)

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
DD - 11/3/05 ~ bilateral cleft lip & palate ~
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Daddy's butterfly » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:25 am

SOOO Sweet!
You have one beautiful little girl!
Kristina
Daddy's butterfly

Re: sharing pictures

Postby Hilla » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Hello

I love pictures. They tell so much. So I looked again Melissas pics and I just have to say that when she still has the cleft on her lip, she is SO CUTE. Naturally after lip operations too, but even before. In the first pic she is awfully cute!!!! I will also put more pics of my princess soon.

Some days I am the happiest mother and feel so lucky. Then other days I just cry and think of the endless surgeries and other problems she might have... It is not easy to be a parent in the first place, specially when you have a child with special needs. For example I am sick of the special feeding bottle. In Christmas time I meet lots of my relatives and I am also sick of explaining that Hilla will be fixed and then she will be normal.

Why can´t every child be born totally healthy?

Happy Holidays, Laura Hilla´s mom
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby 1mom2boys » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your story. Your daughter is very cute, both before and after her repair.

I think this site gives us parents a great opportunity to share our stories and to help new parents who are facing the same problems we have/are.

You must be a wonderful mom to worry so much for your daughter. It shows how much you love her.
1mom2boys

Postby gregory » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:34 am

She is adorable

It is amazing how successful corrective surgeries can be. She is perfect.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
Gregory (father 10 yoB born with PRS)
gregory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate