Final Major Surgery scheduled for this spring

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Final Major Surgery scheduled for this spring

Postby pmcauliff » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:17 pm

My parents and I are more than excited for this spring to arrive. I can not wait to conclude my college career at Eastern Michigan University and also to have my final operation. If in some way I could have had the option to NOT be born with bilateral cleft lip and palate, I would reject it. Although it was tough at times, it has made me in to the man I am today. My mom says im just like my old man.
pmcauliff

Postby jacksmom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:51 pm

Congratulations! I, and I'm sure most of the others would love to see some before and after pictures if you have any! Good Luck!
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Mum from down under » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Thank you for your post you have brought a tear to my eye. Good luck & Congratulation's. I hope Evan feels like you when he's a big boy. I have been asked a similar question being Evan's mum and there is no way I would change a thing he has taught me so much & brought huge amounts of joy into our lives. Your parents should be proud of the man they have raised. :D Happy holidays
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Jeff Alterman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:44 am

pmcauliff:

Hats off to you. I'm pleased to see that if you had to start all over again that you wouldn't reject your BCLP. As severe as that type of cleft may be, it certainly is far from the worst thing in the world. Thankfully, nearly all clefts including yours is correctable with surgery. There are other conditions that cannot be corrected by any means. I suggest sending or posting pictures once you are finished with your last surgery.

Good Luck!

Jeff Alterman
Jeff Alterman
Support Member
Support Member

Hello

Postby Hilla » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Hello,

How wonderful to hear about you. You seem to be very smart and MATURE. I wish my daughter will feel the as you when she grows up. Good luck!!

I would also love to see pics.

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby gregory » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:41 am

You are a true hero.

Good luck with your surgery and your career in medicine.

My son is 9 years old and was born with Pierre Robin Sequence corrected early on. He is becoming interested in similar conditions and pathologies. Ever so gently, he is developing a similar interest in the medical field. I feel that your input will be beneficial and inspiring.

Keep us posted.

Gregory (father to 9yoB with PRS)
gregory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate