Eyson has arrived

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eyson has arrived

Postby heather » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:13 pm

Hello everyone! I'm telling you all the news just a little late, but Eyson came into the world on November 8th weighing 6 lbs. 10 oz. and he was 20 inches long. He has an incomplete unilateral cleft lip on the right side and a complete bilateral cleft palate. We have already seen the surgeon, Albert Woo, at St. Louis Children's Hospital and he's planning on repairing his lip and his nose in February. The surgeon has decided that he will not repair the palate or his ear until he is a year old. He's deaf in his right ear (for now). I'm hoping that it will all be fixed when the palate is repaired. I would love to post some pictures of him but I don't know how. If someone would be so polite as to tell me how to do it I would be more than happy to share my beautiful brown haired, blue eyed little boy with everyone. His brother and sister couldn't be prouder. I'm trying to keep my sanity through all the stress, considering I'm doing it all myself. I seem to be doing pretty good. It could be a lot worse. Hope everyone else is doing well. Oh, one more thing. He has no trace of a heart murmur so his brothers heart defect doesn't seem to have made it's way to him. So great news there. God bless! Heather
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby pkett2 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:57 pm

Glad to hear from you! I've been thinking about you & wondering how the baby was & when he was born. For pictures, I just uploaded them to Photobucket.com & then copy, paste the URL link.

Glad to hear about his safe arrival. Looking back I don't know what we were so worried about. I can't believe how great our lives are now and all that time we were so worried, for what!! My baby is so beautiful, I don't even notice his lip.
April

Tommy 1/19/98
Bianca 5/1/02
Cecilia 7/21/04
Dino 10/5/06 IUCL
pkett2
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Heide » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:24 pm

congratulations on your newest addition. I am sure he is just beautiful and, hopefully, he will be sleeping well quickly. all the best for you and your family as the holidays approach. Heide.
Heide
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby jacksmom » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:48 am

Congratulations! Little boys are the best! Just wanted to tell you that my son Jackson has a bilateral cleft palate, and when he was born, he was deaf in both ears. Probably a good thing for him, as he has a VERY rowdy 2-year old brother! Anyway, to the point, six weeks after his tubes were placed, he passed his hearing screening with flying colors. We were told that they can't pass a hearing test because of all the fluid build-up. So hopefully you have nothing to worry about! Good Luck! Maybe you will be able to get more rest than me!!! :wink:
Allison
Mom to:
Griffin- 6/22/04
Jackson- 6/29/06 (Bil cleft palate)
www.babysites.com/sites/astand/
jacksmom
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Mum from down under » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:48 pm

Congratulations Heather on Eyson arrival. :D Little boy's rock :!: Our Dr too will not do anything about Evan's mild hearing loss until his palate op @ 15 months. Believe me you would never pick a hearing loss in Evan. Good luck with your new little boy and have a wonderful holiday season.
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate