Any experience with abnormal thyroid levels?

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Any experience with abnormal thyroid levels?

Postby Heide » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Our 10 month old daughter (BCLP)has recently had one blood test with abnormal thyroid levels and another with elevated calcium, has anyone else had this, we are being referred to an endocrinologist but I was wondering if this may be connected genetically with the cleft situation. any info is appreciated. thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. Heide
Heide
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby BabyZoey » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:38 pm

DiGeorge Sequence/Syndrome is related with both cleft lips/palates and abnormal thyroid/calcium levels. However, this syndrome almost always involves characteristic facial appearances and heart defects. So, pretty sure your daughter does not have that. I am unaware of any other syndrome, which involves both defects.

Hope to Help!

Lisa
Lisa, mama to Zoey Faith, UCLP(4-25~7-31-06) and McKenzie Faith 11/26/2007(NCA)
BabyZoey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

thank you

Postby Heide » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:54 pm

Dear Lisa, thank you for your information. Our daughter has not been diagnosed with any heart issues but is slow in gaining weight which is prompting all the blood work. Hopefully, it will all turn out well. I wish to extend sympathy to you and your family on your loss of baby Zoey. I can't imagine how you are handling it and hope that as time passes the pain does too. Heide.
Heide
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate