Zach's update....

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Zach's update....

Postby Z-Pup » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:19 pm

Well while I'm going I may as well let you all know how my lil man is doing!! :)

As of last Tuesday when we went to UNC, he weighs 10lbs. 3oz.!! OMG!! LOL and he was two days before being 7 weeks old! Me and hubby made a bet about it the night before, he said 10/1 and I said 10/4 I won!! LOL

He will have his lip/nose surgery done Jan 8th! ohhh how I will miss his lil notch!! I told my mother, I will have the surgery done of course, but I don't want it!! Only because he will be different! I totally trust the surgeon and know i'll have a small problem letting him go, I will just miss his face as it is sooo very much!

I told hubby that before he has it done that I want to get a family pic done of the three of us so we can always have that!

Other than that all is well here...oh he does have a lil bit of silent reflux and is on Zantac twice a day, and oh my goodness does that help out alot he's not gagging anymore, plus I do add a lil bit of cereal to his bottles to help thicken up the formula and that helps as well. Oh and he gets his first set of shots next Wed. (right before thanksgiving) i'm all prepared to be a blubbering fool!! LOL

OMG, the night before last he slept from 12am to 6:30am!! I about fell out, he's been usually going down about 11:30, and then gettting up for a bottle at 3:30 and then at 6:30, but he didn't get up for the 3:30 bottle night before last...I of course woke up LOL. And he did wake up for it lastnight, but hey beggars can't be choosers!!

Hope all is going well for everyone else! OMG the holidays are almost here!!
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby 06SIXLITER » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:19 am

We are also going to UNC. We chose them over Duke, why I dont know I am sure they both are great.

VANAAST is our doctor..
Emily Michelle Born 11/07/06 Soft Palate Cleft
06SIXLITER

Postby Mum from down under » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:26 pm

Great going little Zach :D Tia I know that feeling of missing the notch, I still find it hard to look back on pre op photo's. Its great to see you are all doing well Happy Holiday :)
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate