Getting really close

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Getting really close

Postby heather » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Eyson is getting really close to greeting us for the first time. I'm am now in my 39th week and oh joy, he's breech. So it looks like a C-section will be done. I'm not sure what to expect. I've just now gotten around to preparing everything for his arrival. I was procrastinating big time. But of course with the wonderful friends I have they helped me out and we got everything ready. At least all the physical things. Mental readiness is a problem. As you all know I have the two other children. Which by the way my son Brier just turned 4 yesterday. My divorce was final in the middle of September and since then things have been going rough for me. Not only am I struggling with the finances, I attend school full time (I graduate with my bachelors in March), but I am also dealing with two small children and trying to cope with the challenges Eyson will bring with his cleft. So I'm a little on edge right now. I've been praying for strength as have my friends and family. I'll try and keep everyone informed on how everything goes.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Heide » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Dear Heather,

I wish you all the best and a few nights of peaceful sleep before your lovely newest baby is born; our children are our strength.

C-sections are not so bad, just try to take in easy in the hospital those first few days (with my second they gave me a "belly band" kind of thing, it really helped me and might be something helpful especially when you are at home with the little ones).

Heide
Heide
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Mum from down under » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Dear Heather

Reading parts of your post made me remember, what I was like late in my own pregnancy. I packed for hospital after I was in labor. And well had read nothing on c - sections, as I thought being a bigger girl natural birth would be easy. Ha! :) I recovered well from my C - section, and was up and about the next morning demanding to see my son :) . Happy Birthday to Brier :D I hope you all had a nice day. I wish you a fast and easy birth with Eyson, that on edge feeling will pass once you hold that little boy in your arms. If I lived close too you I would offer you more than this, but please know you are in my thoughts. I look forward to the post of Baby's arrival.

Big hugs to you & your family
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate