NEED HELP!!!

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

NEED HELP!!!

Postby giabella » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 am

hi everyone Im new here. Im so happy to have found this message board and could now finally hear the stories of others with the same tribulations as I. well I do need help right now finding an exquisite surgeon in the NY area. I have a cleft lip and have had surgery right after birth and later on when i was 16 (3 x) to reconstruct my nose and lip. I must say that my nose and lip are almost unnoticeable accept in pictures. it looks horrendous. lol Im looking for a surgeon that is well experienced and is willing to fine tune my imperfections. I have visited 4 of nys top plastic surgeons I am torn in between 2 surgeons. I don't know which one to have surgery with. my main focus of the surgery according to both surgeons is to repair a torn muscle within my cleft scar. I feel that I need just 1 more opinion, can anyone help?? or recommend a good Dr.? does anyone have pictures of themselves that they would care to share? I know its asking a lot to have this surgery and not want a scar that is unnoticeable or a nose that is crooked but I feel that I can go on living better if I didn't have these imperfections. :oops:
giabella

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate