First visit to the PS

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

First visit to the PS

Postby Z-Pup » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Well we had our first visit with the Plastic Surgeon at UNC Chapel Hill yesterday. Everyone wanted to keep my baby!! LOL

They will be doing the lip/nose repair at 3 months of age, then the palate at 9 monts old. Then after the perm. teeth come in probably about 7 or 8 years old they will do the bone graft for his gum. They have us taping his upper lip with a little bit of pressure to help pull in the palate, he's not real fond of that!

He is 7 pounds 15 ounces!!! :mrgreen: I about fell out!! LOL He has gained 15 ounces since he left the hospital (will be two weeks this Sunday) Goodness I can't believe he's already 2 weeks old. I told hubby it's been the LONGEST and SHORTEST two weeks of my life...but more toward the LONGEST!!

Hubby has just left to go to the beach to work for the weekend. Me and Zach are going to my moms tom. morning. I plan to walk in the house hand her Zach and go fall out in her bed and sleep for a while! Least that is the plan I"m sure it won't happen but it sounds good!!

I've been sitting her thinking about all the stuff that I have to make sure I take with me to momma's....OMG how could something so small need all this stuff!! Hopefully I won't forget too much stuff.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby sodapop » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:50 pm

Wow sounds like his docs think the same as vada"s. i have been taping her lip since she was two weeks old. they didnt get as much progress as they had hoped with the taping tho so she had the nam device inserted today. she has never liked the tape, she rips it off when she is throwing a fit. they told me about three months for the lip/nose repair, but it will be more like 4 months. and the palate at 9 months to one year, and the gum somewhere around 7-9 yrs old. time has flown by! two months and my babys notch will be gone! i will miss it, and her wide smile! she just started to really smile and now her little face is covered in tape :(

maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:46 am

:mrgreen:

Here is my baby all kicked back and chillin' ;)

Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby hatchedk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Glad the PS went well! And that weight gain isn't a concern!!
We started taping very early too, the first week!
Are they going to do an obturator?
Time will absolutely fly by....Andy is almost 5 months and I cant believe it!
Love the pic...
Karen...Mom to Katie 9/9/04(NCA) and Andrew 5/16/06 (UCLP)
hatchedk
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate