Eyson may come early

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eyson may come early

Postby heather » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:14 pm

I know that all moms secretly hope that their baby will come just a smidge early so that they can finally sleep on their stomachs, but it looks like Eyson may greet us soon. I have had contractions a couple times now and they aren't those Braxton Hicks things. Trust me...your third time around you know what's real and what's not. My doctor has been monitoring my blood pressure because of swelling, headaches, and chest pressure. So far I've been doing pretty good. But i'm a little nervous that one day soon he might decide to come early and i'd be stuck without having anything ready. I really need to get on the ball with things. It's really hard, though. What with handling two children already on your own, a full-time job, as well as being a full-time student. By the way, I will graduate in March. So excited to be almost done with school. I promise that I will post some pictures of Eyson when he decides grace us with his presence, just as long as someone tells me how to do it. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for your prayers. Love, Heather
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby pkett2 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:40 pm

I know you're feeling! I have 14 days until my due date. I've had horrible contractions!!! I'm driving myself crazy, with every one, you think is it time. My 3rd child came 10 days early, so I'm thinking any day now. I hope you're delivery goes smooth. Mine usually do, but probably not this time. Things never go as you expect them do ya :roll:
April

Tommy 1/19/98
Bianca 5/1/02
Cecilia 7/21/04
Dino 10/5/06 IUCL
pkett2
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Kerri » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:53 pm

Good luck to the both of you..Here's to a speedy delivery :D
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby heather » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:17 am

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and got some bad news. Eyson is breech. My doctor is hoping that he will turn, but if he doesn't within the next two weeks I have to go into labor and delivery and she's going to try and turn him. She told me that it will be uncomfortable and possibly painful to do the procedure, depending on my pain tolerance. My tolerance is quite high so maybe it won't be that bad. She said that there's a possibility of putting the baby into fetal distress. So I have to be prepared for an emergency C-Section. But if we don't turn him then I'll be getting a C-Section anyway. So now I really have to get things prepared for him to come. I've been procrastinating. So wish me luck and continue praying for good things.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby pkett2 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:55 am

Please say some prayers! It might be today. I went to the dr. I'm 80% & dilated to 3. I'm having bleeding, but they said that could be from the exam. Never had that before though. I'm having back aches, I'm hoping something kicks in.... I'm so ready (I think)!
April

Tommy 1/19/98
Bianca 5/1/02
Cecilia 7/21/04
Dino 10/5/06 IUCL
pkett2
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby heather » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:28 pm

I'll be praying. Let us know what happens.
Eyson Brentley Van Eycke
Born 11/8/06 UCL BCP
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:33 pm

I wish the best for both of you.
Carrie
Carrie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Mum from down under » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Good Luck Ladies I hope labor is not to long & painful for either one of you. My thoughts are with each of you.

Trish
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate