One month to go

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

One month to go

Postby heather » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:08 pm

I have only one month to go before Eyson is scheduled to make his appearance. I'm extremely nervous as well. Most of you do not know this but I have recently finalized divorcing my husband. I don't want to go into detail but it was the absolute best thing for me and my children. I'm now faced with having to raise my two older children, ages 4 and 2 in November, and take care of Eyson with his cleft. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. I know that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, but right now I feel like I have a whole cart load. I ask that everyone could try and keep me and my children in their prayers. It will be a challenge and I'm hoping that my body, mind, and spirituality is strong enough to endure every obstacle. Trying to hang in there and keep a smile on my face, Heather
heather
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:12 pm

We will keep you in our thoughts..What a rough time you're going through..We do what we can do, and that's about it..You'll do great! Ya ever need to kick and scream, vent, cry, whatever, you know we're all here!! Take care of you 1st...You'll get through it..Like the one mom told me, "It will be OK mom" and it will :wink:
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby krista » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:50 pm

hi heather,

i fully agree with kerri. you will do great. we are all here for you. take care, krista :D
krista

Postby sodapop » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:35 am

Everything will be ok! You really will be able to handle it all, if you can handle your 2 and 4 year old, i think you will do fine! You really aren't given more than you can handle and you were chosen for all three of your precious babies because you were the best mommy for them. Remember to breathe and take ten minutes for yourself now and then. Hopefully you have good support from family and friends? You aren't alone and like Kerri said, you can always vent to everyone here :D Good luck with everything, you and your babies are in my prayers!

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate