Update

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Update

Postby Aidyl » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 am

Hey there everyone...I haven't been on for a couple of days. We had an appointment with a team in Charleston. They all looked at Quinten and were very pleased with how he's doing. We'll be going back in about 6 months or so for them to evaluate him again and his progress. He did pretty good...he just didn't do good with them prodding in his mouth. But after they got done he'd want to give them a high-five. So, I guess he didn't hold it against them. The most traumatizing part of the whole trip for him was riding the elevator......he's always hated it...but it's even worse now than ever. Poor baby....I felt so bad for him.
But I'm just very thankful to God that he's doing as well as he is. I felt like he was doing good..but to hear the experts say so makes me feel so much more at ease.

Then yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor. Everything looks really good with this baby. I had to take one of those tests..and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it...but you drink this orange drink to see if you have gestational diabetes. I get the results back today. I had to have it because Quinten was born at 9 pounds 7 ounces. (Makes me wonder how big this baby will be). I think big babies run on my husband's side of the family.

Well, I guess that I'll go for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and that things are going good for y'all. I'll talk to you later.
Lydia
Aidyl
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate