Vada Louise

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Postby BabyZoey » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:56 am

She's beautiful!
Lisa, mama to Zoey Faith, UCLP(4-25~7-31-06) and McKenzie Faith 11/26/2007(NCA)
BabyZoey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby sodapop » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:38 am

Thanks babyzoey, how is your girl doing? I havent seen pics of her since she was born and i was still pregnant!

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby BabyZoey » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:09 am

Zoey passed away on July 31st- due to her heart shunt failing.
Lisa, mama to Zoey Faith, UCLP(4-25~7-31-06) and McKenzie Faith 11/26/2007(NCA)
BabyZoey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby sodapop » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:29 pm

I am sorry to hear that. She was a beautiful baby. I know she is happy and healthy wherever she may be now. How are you doing?

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Mum from down under » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 am

So many cute little bubs online makes me want another :D Might have to wait a while though. Enjoy her while she's little your grow so fast.
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Sorry been so long!

Postby sodapop » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Vada is 4 1/2 months now. She weighs a healthy 14 pounds and is 24 1/2 inches long. She is squealing a lot and jabbering away. After we got through the first couple of months of colic...she is a great baby! She is constantly smiling and is just a joy to be around... I would love to hear from anyone who was on the site when i was and remembers Vada or has a story of their own on how their little ones are doing!! Kerrie, I would love to hear from you. As well as anyone who just wants to talk or any new moms that want to know what to expect from someone is still going through it. Here are some pics.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ ... 006011.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ ... 006010.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ ... 006006.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ ... 006005.jpg

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Maria,

Hey How are you!?! Did you have a good Christmas and New Year? Are you as happy as I am that it's alll over with. We went to my parents (1.5 hours away) on Christmas Eve to spend the night, and Zach did great there, and we left about 1ish on Christmas Day, and he had had a morning nap, and then he slept for the entire ride back to MIL's house and another 45 mins or so when we go there, I threatened everyones life if they woke him LOL, I knew it was still going to be a long night for him. Well about 7ish he was DONE! and wanted to go home LOL.

Zach is now 3 months old!! Gawd how time flies, seems like just yesterday I was willing him to come on out and join the world!...and he will be having his lip/nose repair in exactly ONE WEEK, and I'm starting to freak out a little bit! But I'll be okay and so will he! He is I'm sure over 14 pounds now, week before Christmas he was 13 lbs. 11 oz!! LOL

Vada is BEAUTIFUL! And I know you are glad you are past the colic, thank goodness Zach didn't have it, but I did, and my parents have yet to live it down, and I turned 30 last month! LMAO

Here are a few pics of my lil man!!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289 ... ta_002.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289 ... IM1086.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289 ... IM1090.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289 ... IM1091.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289 ... IM1094.jpg
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Yeah! it worked!

Postby Hilla » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:20 pm

[quote="sodapop"]Vada was born August 13th, 6lbs, 7 oz. 18 3/4" inches long. A little bit of hair and blue eyes. Unilateral cleft and cleft of the soft and hard palate. She is my first and i am so happy to be blessed with such a beautiful healthy baby!

You certainly are blessed. She is absolutely beautiful. She has the same type of cleft than my Hilla. When is her first surgery? We had already ours and let me tell you, that when the first surgery is over, it is a huge relief. Then you see it yourself that babies survive and recover very fast. I am of course nervous about the palate surgery, but I know it will go fine and Hilla will not be in pain for long.

-Laura
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby sodapop » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 am

Z-pup & Hilla, Our christmas was great! I think next Christmas with Vada will be more exciting though! I saw the pics of Zach. He is such a cutie! His cleft looks exactly like Vada's. What is his surgery date? I can't remember, is his palate affected also? Vada is a little bit older than Zach but she is scheduled for surgery for her lip and nose on January 16th. We have a preop for January 8th. It will be done at Children's hospital in Seattle. I am nervous. Not so much for her going under anesthia or even the short lived pain I know she will be going through. I guess I am selfish but I am nervous to see her after her surgery. I was blessed with such a beautiful baby and I know she will be the same but I will miss her cleft and her wide smile and just the way she looked when I gave birth to her, you know? I am tearing up just thinking about it. But I know all will go well! I had a few surgery's when I was young and I believe I came out stronger for it! Hilla is beautiful by the way. Some of her pics remind me of Vada so much it is crazy! When is her palate surgery? How old is she? And for both of you...did the docs make you do any taping or using the NAM or anything before the lip/nose repair? Does Hilla still use a special feeding bottle or is she able to use something else now? Hope all is well. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Hilla » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:37 am

I guess I am selfish but I am nervous to see her after her surgery. I was blessed with such a beautiful baby and I know she will be the same but I will miss her cleft and her wide smile and just the way she looked when I gave birth to her, you know? I am tearing up just thinking about it. But I know all will go well! I had a few surgery's when I was young and I believe I came out stronger for it! Hilla is beautiful by the way. Some of her pics remind me of Vada so much it is crazy! When is her palate surgery? How old is she? And for both of you...did the docs make you do any taping or using the NAM or anything before the lip/nose repair? Does Hilla still use a special feeding bottle or is she able to use something else now? Hope all is well. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Maria[/quote]

Hello,

You are not selfish! You want what is best for the baby. And the best for the baby is that her the surgery is a success, which it will be. I thought also that Vada and Hilla looked so familiar. But when Hilla was having her operation, the nurse told me that Hilla will be back around 11 am. I was really getting nervous, because it was already 1 pm and Hilla was not brought back. 1.30 pm she came back and everything went well, but boy was I worried.

We did not have any taping. What is that taping for by the way? Hilla´s palate surgery will be in May or June. I do use the special bottle and spoon to feed Hilla. I am really looking Hilla´s palate surgery. I think that after that, she is "normal". And can eat normally and so on. Though I know there is a long journey ahead of us. Many operations (probably lip,scar and nose revision, bone graft...). I am grateful that this is FIXABLE!!!

:D Laura Hilla´s mom
Hilla
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Z-Pup » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:09 am

sodapop wrote: Vada is a little bit older than Zach but she is scheduled for surgery for her lip and nose on January 16th. We have a preop for January 8th. It will be done at Children's hospital in Seattle. I am nervous. Not so much for her going under anesthia or even the short lived pain I know she will be going through. I guess I am selfish but I am nervous to see her after her surgery. I was blessed with such a beautiful baby and I know she will be the same but I will miss her cleft and her wide smile and just the way she looked when I gave birth to her, you know? I am tearing up just thinking about it.

Maria,
Well while you are having your pre op appointment we will be in surgery, Zach's is Jan. 8th, I won't know til this Friday exactly what time it will be, because they schedule surgeries on the Friday before, but he will be one of the firsts because he is so young. And dariln' you are by no means selfish, because let me tell you if you are then I am right there along with you!!! I will miss his notch SOOOO SOOO SOOO much!!! I love him JUST the way he is and now these people are gonna MESS with him, he is perfect right now!!! My mother (all in jest of course) has threatened to kidnap him and keep him away from the surgeons!! I have been really good up until this past weekend, now I'm on pins and needles I'll be a wreck by the time Monday gets here!!

All I can say is take pictures like crazy this last few weeks, Zach will be soo tired of the flash by the end of the week, shoot he's already tired of it, I KNOW I have several hundred pics of him already LOL.

Yes his palate is affected as well, that will be done in June/July.
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Mum from down under » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:49 pm

Ladies good luck to both of your little ones. When you see your bubs for the first time it is amazing you will cry smile & if anything like me throw your arms around the surgeon and give him a big kiss. (We have a lovely amazing surgeon whom We think the world of as from the beginning he has told us how it is no medical terms.) I loved our baby with his wide smile sooo sooo much it took me a while to get use to him after op no plate no tape, for a week each time I dressed him I though I had forgotten something. Evan surgery was to be @ 10am 2 hours later they came & got him by then I was taking his mind off the fact that he was getting hungry. I didn't see him again until 4pm the longest 4 hours of my life. I sat there in the waiting room with a copy of Joanne Greens poem tucked in my bra close to my heart each time I though I would break down I'd read that poem. I really don't think anyone could call a cleft mum selfish we will all injure a lot with our bub's and will come out better for it. I know as it got closer to Evans op the less I slept the night before I laid him beside me & watched him sleep. I myself couldn't get over how much Hilla & Vada looked alike. & little Zach is a sweetie. I'm guessing here but Marie Laura & Z - pup we are all first time mums hands up who would do it all over again with a cleft bub I know I would. Good luck & keep us posted on how you all go. :D
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate