Zachary Owen

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Z-Pup » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:30 am

G' Morning

I'm still preggers! LOL

Kerri...I'll have you know I have been walking ;) we went and walked a mile yesterday afternoon as matter of fact...and as to the other....well my husband has "THE FEAR!" :roll: I have however told him it's "Doctors Orders" so :mrgreen: LMAO

Mom called a few mins ago, I saw it was her number I answered with "It must of been gas!" LOL

Carrie, I hope Hunter and yourself for that matter are making out okay *Hugs and Kissess* to you both.

I'll keep ya'll posted on how the day goes, I'm gonna clean house maybe that will help! Atleast I'll have a clean house to come home too LOL
Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:51 am

LOL I LOVE my mother. She called about an hour ago and says "I'm playing hookie let's go to lunch!" Well I was actually thinking she was really gonna play hookie but she was gonna go home. But I play along..."Okayyy" LOL then she said "well give me a few minutes I gotta go to the bank but then I'll be on my way" LOL poor thing could of picked a better day tho, it's gonna be raining cats and dogs in about an hour. But I'm excited to see her.

Good thing I was planning on cleaning house anyway LOL. I don't know what it is, someone says they are coming over and I automatically start picking up, Boy bet that will change soon huh? LOL

I'll talk to you all later, have a great afternoon :lol:
Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Your mom is SO excited for you..I know all about that FEAR thing as well..Steven was EXACTLY like that..I told him "but the dr said it would help!" No go lol...We're all so excited for you!! I hope you and your mom have a great day out..Enjoy not having to carry around a diaper bag, stroller, car seat, burp rags, bottles etc etc ect ..while you can :lol: OOoo and tell that hubby of yours to show a little romance so this kiddo can make a debut..Tell him we're all waiting on him!!
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Z-Pup » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:52 am

*GROOOOWWWWWLS*

I'm still preggers and I did NOT sleep lastnight, not in the best of moods.

Did have a wonderful time with Mom yesterday tho :)

OH and did I mention it was raining!? Hubby will be home soon tho, he works outside, we'll see what he does to the mood LOL could go either way.

Gonna shower maybe that'll help :)

Oh and just let me go ahead and show my blond moment for the day (my hair is SOOo black LOL).....Lydia, I don't even wanna tell you how long it took me to figure out your nick Aidyl.....*sighs* DUH!
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:50 pm

OOOo he's a stubborn one huh? Sleepless nights? Uh oh! He's close! He's gettin' your body ready for no sleep for awhile! I'm glad you had a good time with your mom..Sounds like she's so excited for you and to see that little one!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby sodapop » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi Tia! I havent been on the site for a while but my name is Maria. I gave birth to Vada Louise on August 13th. We found out she had a unilateral cleft at our 19 week ultrasound. I was like you and had to find out everything i could right away! My husband was the opposite and preferred to wait until after the birth to really know everything. Everyone handles it in different ways but a lot of our emotions (mothers) are the same. I was very upset for a few days after finding out. My mother came over right after the ultrasound and let me cry on her shoulder for while. After i calmed down, i started researching and found this site and a few others that really gave me some good info, and it was so good to know i wasnt alone in my feelings. I have to tell you if you were or are going to be induced i think that everyone is different, i was induced because of low amniotic fluid and it really wasnt that bad. i was in labor for 10 hours and i definetly had the epidural although i held out till 5 centimeters! but after i had that, it was really ok. The worst part i think was the 45 minutes i was waiting for the epidural and then her head being stuck in between contractions and being told not to push yet. Plus my doctor was 15 minutes late (after i was feeling like i needed to push already). I asked the nurse if they could just hang me upside down so she would stay in till the doc got there :D cuz it really felt like she was coming out, even though at that point i still had an hour of pushing to go! I also have to tell you that when she finally made her entrance....she was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen! And if i hadnt known about the cleft ahead of time i am pretty sure it would have taken me a little bit to get to that way of thinking, because of the surprise of it...But knowing she would have the cleft and that her palate might also be affected gave me the power of knowledge and that knowledge helped me to know what she would look like so that i could immediatley look past that and see the beautiful little girl we brought into the world! Good luck with everything and this is a great site for any questions you have. We have all been through similar experiences and it helps to talk.

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:35 pm

UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE

Still pregnant

LOL

Okay don't hit me.

Not even a little twinge, nada, zip. *sighs* well at least I've slept better in the last few days. It usually seems that if I don't get a nap during the day I'm a not so nice person to be around about 8 pm. LOL

And if I do get a nap I'm okay, as long as I"m not around ppl that get on my nerves. And we all know those are many.

LOL

signed the frazzled pregnant lady

*points to the 14th in the signature...do notice he is late!!!...we will be having a discussion on being on time!!*
Lots of Love,

Tia
Zachary 9-21-06 Unilateral Cleft Lip & Palate lovingly called Z-Pup after Daddy, who btw is O-Dawg. :)

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Carrie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:18 pm

STILL!!!! lol I would be having a talk with that kid when he comes out too. I was induced 2 weeks early so I can't even say I feel your pain but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
Carrie
Carrie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Z-Pup » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 am

just DO NOT cross your legs!!!!! :|
Lots of Love,

Tia

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:01 pm

Good lord..I didn't know it was possible to bake 'em that long..Let's get going here!! We wanna see that face!! :mrgreen:
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Postby sodapop » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:49 am

When did you say they were going to induce you if no baby by...? And i was reading your post about the dirty house, i felt the same way! But she is 5 weeks TODAY and i have learned to let go of the feeling that i need to clean all the time. My husband does quite a bit and i only cook dinner like once a week! If it wasnt for him, i would never eat! When I first came home with Vada i would stay awake during her naps and clean the house, just in case people came over, that got old really fast, after like 2-4 hours of sleep per night! My advice...and it is really hard, i know....anyone that wants to come over and help...LET THEM! This is the only time they will offer that unconditional help! After a month or so...no more calls asking if you need help all the time. So...tell them YES! Come over, even if its just to bring you a latte or something. And if they ask if they can bring anything, tell them DIAPERS! You will go through a ton! Really, just take care of yourself and the little one for the couple of months, everything else can wait :D Hope your still hanging in there! And even though it doesnt seem like it, you will miss your pregnant belly! And the fact that you dont have carry a diaper bag and carseat everywhere you go, just like Kerri said. So enjoy going places without them while you can!

Maria
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:13 am

Tia, you'd better not be on here today :lol: ONLY if your hubby posts to say you had that little one..lol..You're bakin' a stubborn boy aren't you?
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Z-Pup » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:19 am

LMAO I don't know that Hubby would know how to go about getting here to tell you I've had the baby...which I haven't obviously.

I got back to the Docs on Wed. and then they will sched the induction. Thankfully I go in at 8:00 am, so I don't have to wait alllll day.

I am sure I will miss my pregnant belly...sometime...LOL
Lots of Love,

Tia

Z-Pup
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:41 pm

The good thing about going in to schedule to be induced is that the baby says, "Fine FINE! I'll come out..I don't NEED those doctors tellin me when it's MY time..I'll show them!" Then they just seem to know it's time and come before you need to go in..Works every time lol..Like reverse psychology or something..He'll be here..We'll try to quit pacing :lol: If you came over right now to see a 2 year old scraping out the mac and cheese bowl NEKKID with her hair everywhere and saw Ella in her highchair with mac and cheese all over her, you might want to hold that little one in until he's 20![/i]
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Carrie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:59 pm

"you might want to hold that little one in until he's 20!"

OUCH!!! I would recommend that.
Carrie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate