Evans surgery is tomorrow!

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Evans surgery is tomorrow!

Postby Mum from down under » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 am

Hi all, I am Trish's sister Shell just posting quickly to let you all know that Evan is having his operation in the morning and if anyone has any spare prayers for him that would be great.
I saw him last night for the first time in 10 weeks and I swear he remembered me- although he has changed so much, all chubby and talkative! He gives the greatest smiles, right from the heart. I adore him.
Trish is holding up well, she is a tough chick on the outside, but a softie on the inside. She knows she needs to be strong for Evan and she is doing exactly that. She is scared and I know there are many mothers on this board who understand exactly how she is feeling. It is a very personal thing to go through and I know that her talking here has strengthened her and has helped her prepare for this journey, but more importantly helped her prepare Evan for it too.
Thanks for your support .

Evan from Heavens Aunty
Shell
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:55 am

Shell, please tell her that our thoughts are with her tomorrow..It really is amazing how they pull through..I think it's easier on them then us sometimes! Let us know how it goes as soon as you can..We'll be anxious to hear!!
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Kerri » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:00 am

I forgot to add something..I was looking through my old messages from last week..Make sure she tells the Dr. not to use his foreskin LMAO :lol: Evan will do GREAT!! She'll be on here with us telling us how frustrating the arm restraints are in no time! :wink:
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Aidyl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Hey Shell, thanks for writing and posting for Trish. Please tell her that I said hello and that she and Evan are in my prayers and I look forward to hearing from her after it's all over. Take care and God bless.
Lydia
Aidyl
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Mum from down under » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:06 am

Thanks Kerrie and Lydia, I passed your messages along to Trish....she tells me she will explain the " foreskin " comment another day when she has her head around things. :D
Evan came through his surgery well and looks like a total cutie! I don't know all that much to be honest however I do know Trish sounded relieved on the phone and she had a couple of tears because Evan has a proper little nose now! She sent me a photo from her phone and he is a little spunk!
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know she said thanks for the messages and she will fill you all in when she is able to.
Cheers
Aunty Shell !!!!
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:38 am

That is so good to hear! I can't wait to hear all of the details..That was the biggest shock to me..And it was a shock..Her nose..I didn't expect it to be a round little nostril..I thought it would still be flat..I look at it and I'm still amazed that it kept it's shape..Tell her we'll be thinking of her and her family.. :D
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Mum from down under » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:51 pm

Just a quick one to let you know that I just had a call from Trish and Evan has been discharged from hospital! He is doing great!!!!!
Trish & Evan

Evan (01.05.06) UCLP

[/url]
Mum from down under
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate