arm restraints

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

arm restraints

Postby chicka-monkey » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:23 am

Does anyone know where I can get the nice arm restraints that are shown in the few pictures that you guys have shown. Kerry? Did the hospital give them out. We had horrible ones! They fell apart after a couple days. They were made of a thin fabric and I had to velcro each one all the way around the arm. If anyone has any that they don't want, I will gladly pay for shipping.
Carrie (user name chicka-monkey)

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
DD - 11/3/05 ~ bilateral cleft lip & palate ~
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:47 am

We have 2 pairs that we won't be using after our 3 weeks is up..I did cut the tags off them because she kept putting them in her mouth..They should be pretty easy to figure out still though..If you velcro them the more narrow end goes to the wrist and the metal bar goes along their elbow..(The tags just said left and right on them) We'd be more than happy to send them to you when we're done with them..I can't WAIT to get them out of here lol...The restraints are the same ones that are in the lastest blog with the little boy with the lip repair..We have those and ones with spongebob on them..Don't care for spongebob but we have her restraints on under long sleeves most of the time.. :wink:
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Kerri » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:40 am

http://www.cleftadvocate.org/projects.html If you go to that link, they have a resource bank that people donate their restraints to as well..I think you just scroll down and go to resource bank!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby chicka-monkey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:20 pm

I would like them. Can you write me at my email address and I will send you shipping money for them. I will give you my home address then. THANKS a MILLION! The ones I had were so cheap & fell asleep after less than one week!

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:45 pm

We're still at the hospital :cry: Good news is that we did get another pair lol..I'll have 3 to send you in a few weeks..Don't worry bout shipping, just need the address :) She shouldn't need them past the 27th so we'll make sure they are there before your little one goes in!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Postby chicka-monkey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:29 pm

Great! I'm sorry you are having problems. I must read up on why you are at the hospital again. I hope Ella is doing ok, now. I will be thinking and praying for her! I think everyone on this board prays for that little girl!

My email address is:

ookermonster@yahoo.com

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:13 pm

Hey Carrie!! Can you email me your address..I'm going to send you 2 pairs of restraints..The other pair has so much damn blood and chocolate ice cream on them, I just can't get 'em clean..I'm planning on sending them out on Sat. to you...Just drop me a line!!
steven.ramos@mchsi.com
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate