baby is here

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

baby is here

Postby BabyZoey » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:15 pm

i- Just wanted to let everyone know Zoey Faith was born April 25, 2006 at 2:28 AM.

She has a uclp(suspected prior to her birth) and many other issues NOT suspected. The geneticist cannot seem to find a reason for it genetically. please look at her web site for info and pictures

Lisa

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyzoeyfaith/

password: babyzoey
BabyZoey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:43 pm

Lisa and Family, She is so beautiful..I kept looking on here because I thought she wanted to make her little journey into the world soon! Looking at your guestbook you have so much love and support..It really does bring tears to my eyes! I can't wait to see a picture of that gorgeous face!! The road ahead might be a little bumpy..Stay strong and know she's strong as well!..We'll keep you in our thoughts! Congrats to you and your family..Zoey is precious!!
~We are never given more than we can handle~
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:52 pm

Look at all that hair! She is beautiful! Stay strong. God never gives us more than what he knows we can handle. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Postby Jeff Alterman » Mon May 01, 2006 12:58 am

Lisa:

It looks like you're going to have a bumpy road ahead with Zoey. Hopefully you'll have a lot of help to make the trip easier. All I can say is hang in there and you should pull through.

Jeff Alterman at alterman@bestweb.net
Jeff Alterman
Support Member
Support Member

Postby sodapop » Mon May 01, 2006 1:05 am

All i could think at first was so much hair :D ! She will be great i am sure. There will be tough times but i am sure you all will be fine! Some things tend to bring out our strengths. Good luck to you, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. keep us updated..
sodapop
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby chicka-monkey » Tue May 02, 2006 6:55 am

She sure is beautiful!!! Congrats mommy and daddy!
Carrie (user name chicka-monkey)

DD - 6/9/96
DS - 7/6/04
DD - 11/3/05 ~ bilateral cleft lip & palate ~
chicka-monkey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby jude » Tue May 02, 2006 12:30 pm

First of all congrats to you! I couldnt accss the photos online Im afraid. What other complications does your daughter have? Was she premature? My little fella has a couple of other issues besides ULCP with no explanation either. Except that the compliactions usually conincide with prematurity. He is pn my lap now so not typing so well!! Ciao e auguri!
jude

Postby tkebino » Tue May 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Congrats to you. She is beautiful. lot of hair. Keep us posted on how she is doing. you are in our prayers.

Tracy
tkebino
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby BabyZoey » Tue May 02, 2006 11:37 pm

Jude:

No, she wasn't premature. She was born at 39 weeks and 5 days. She has a heart condition known as tetrology of Fallot with pulmonary artresia. She also had a problem with her esophagus- where her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach. She had that repair done when she was 12 hours old.

Thank you to all of you. Zoey is doing great; her breathing tube was removed today! On Friday she'll have her chest tube removed and she'll begin bottle feedings. They said it may be very difficult due to her palatal issues and her heart condition. If she cannot feed successfully she'll need a G-tube put in until her palate repair. I am praying that won't be the case.

Lisa

here is a new picture taken today at one week old:

and with her eyes open at 5 days old:
BabyZoey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Carrie » Wed May 03, 2006 4:10 am

Wow... what a little cutie. She is so adorable, absolutely love the hair. I really hope she is able to bottle feed, if the first type of nipple doesn't work, try another and another. Good luck and keep us updated.
Carrie
Carrie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Kerri » Wed May 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Awww..Those are precious! I'm so happy to hear she's doing better..I just can't get over that hair! She is so beautiful...What a gorgeous little face on her! I just wanna pick her up and give her smooches!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Jude » Fri May 05, 2006 3:57 am

Wow she looks like a Swedish model or something with all that hair! Makes my bambino look like a total baldy! Our first hospital said baby would have to have gastro tube til operation so for 2 weeks we had to put one in every day and feed with it. I have to say it got easier and if we can manage it Im sure you can too. Plus, dont worry too much til you try with bottle cos it could work fine - our little fella now guzzles away with the haberman and looking pudgier every day (although still lacking in hair!)
Jude

Postby Kerri » Mon May 08, 2006 4:21 pm

Sooo...How is Zoey doing? My mom was over here this weekend and I had to show her Zoey's picture..She is SO adorable!!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate