Cleft Lip and Palate Research

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Cleft Lip and Palate Research

Postby Graeme Wallace » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:51 am

Dear Sirs
I have been involved in an organization sending Doctors to under-developed countries especially the Philippines for the past 14 years. Recently I decided to undertake research into the cause of non-syndromic cleft lip and palate. I am doing this in conjunction with the Southern Cross University in Lismore, New South Wales, Australia. During 2005 I spent some time in the Philippines undertaking an exploratory study and on the basis of those results have established an hypothesis which now needs to be proved. This will form the bais of a Ph.D study as I am anxious that the results be published so that women everywhere can have access to the information. In order to complete this work I require funding for the laboratory analyses. I have funded all the research to date and am providing my time free of charge for the next two years to complete the study. Should funding be available via a different University I am prepared to move there to undertake the work. This is an importanta study and I believe can redefine the issues surrounding this problem. My background is in applied chemistry although I also hold a Masters Degree in Nutritional Medicine. We are currently preparing a journal paper for publication outlining our hypothesis. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Yours faithfully
Graeme H. Wallace
Graeme Wallace

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate