Lip Adhesion

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Lip Adhesion

Postby Mason's Mommy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Hello Everyone! My name is Melissa. My husband and I were blessed with our first child, a son, Mason, born 11/25/05. He was born with a complete unilateral cleft lip and palate. He is the joy of our lives!! His cleft was diagnosed via ultrasound at 22 weeks. We are currently preparing for Mason's first surgery. He is being treated by Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis, MO. STL is about 2 1/2 hours from home, but the drive is not a problem! He will have his lip adhesion surgery March 9 and it will be an out patient surgery. He will have his gum and nose surgery on August 7. His palate will probably be repaired in December. His plastic surgeon is awesome, his name is Dr. Michael Carstens! Check out information on him online by doing a google search or going to the hospital's website! I am looking forward to meeting and talking with all of you. Please feel free to email me at melissafrieling@yahoo.com at any time!! I am nervous about Mason's first surgery because I am so used to his cleft and to me...I don't even see it! A little anxiety is already setting in.....any advice???

Thanks!!

Melissa
Mason's Mommy

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate