Video for new parents

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Video for new parents

Postby Kerri » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:11 pm

I just watched a tape I received through www.facesofchildren.org . What a WONDERFUL tape. I wish I had it during my hospital stay when we first found out my daughter had a cleft lip and palate. It's free of charge and EVERY hospital should have it. Parents that find out during an ultra-sound would love it too! I live in Iowa and I'm not sure how common clefting is around here. We did receive some wrong information when she was first born. I definitely wasn't ready for the emotions involved. It would have been great to have some of the basic information given in the video. If you're a new or expecting parent, please check out it out!
Kerri
Support Member
Support Member

Location: Dubuque,Iowa Cleft Team Dr. Canady University of Iowa Hospital Iowa City, IA

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:48 pm

Kerri - I live in Missouri! Howdy neighbor from up north! :)

My son was born in November with a unilateral cleft lip and palate. We found out during our 22 week u/s that he would be born with one. He is getting his treatment from Cardinal Glennon hospital in St. Louis. Feel free to email me at any time and we can compare notes/surgery. I can also email you a picture of my son. Mason's first surgery will be March 9 for his lip adhesion and then his second surgery for his gum, nose and finishing up his lip will be August 7. His palate will be repaired later this year!!

I just requested a copy of the video that you recommended! I can't wait to see it! I am getting it mostly to share with other people who do not know a lot about Mason's cleft lip and palate. It isn't very common around central Missouri to see a child with a cleft.

Melissa

Postby Mason's Mommy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:49 pm

Kerri - sorry, I wasn't logged in in my last post! You may email me at melissafrieling@yahoo.com!

Melissa
Mason's Mommy

Free Faces of Children Cleft video

Postby Linda S S » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Glad to hear that they video was useful. I just requested a copy which I'll watch and then send on to my sister & B-I-L as their daughter, my niece, was born with UCL with gum involvement.
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate