Hearring loss

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Hearring loss

Postby Dahliaswa@aol.com 27bc » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:24 am

HI everyone my name is Dahlia and I was born with a cleft lip and pallet. I am 27 years old and live in El Paso Texas. It took many surgeries to get to where I am at. There are no baby pictuers of me except for my baptism pictuer and the ones the Dr. took per and post OP. I have struggled through some really hard times which I could get in to but later. I am proud that I am a flight attendant. I stand in front of people everyday. I have come to you to ask for some help. I was told as a child I could lose some hearing. As a child my hearing was not great but I didn't wear a hearring aid. The past year and half I have notice more and more that I can't hear people its not clear and there discomfort. I have had to learn to read lips. I finaly had the dr. test my hearing. (my incuearnce does not cover any testing for this) He told me my canals have colapsed and my left hear has scarring in it. He doesn't want to put tubes,and kind said well if it doesnt bother you well wait. Wait till when I can hear nothing I dont think so. It kinda left me woundering what to do next. I go back on the 20th of july but I cant go on leaving like this. IF there is any one who can help me?

Thank you,
Dahlia
27 bcl&p
Dahliaswa@aol.com 27bc

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate