Nose Revision

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Nose Revision

Postby Kathy B » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:53 pm

I am 55 yrs old I was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate and last summer I had nose reconstruction. I had a forehead to nose flap.
Best thing I have ever done. I am scheduled for an Abbe Flap for my lip in September. I went to Dr.Court Cutting at NYU in New York City. I live in Massachusetts. We stayed down there for about 10 days after my first surgery in early August. Then went home for 3 weeks and went back for a second surgery to "defat" my nose...thin it out basically. I went back and forth and had a 3rd surgery to detach the flap and finish off the reconstruction process.
Although it still needs some fine tuning, what an amazing difference to my facial profile. I NOW HAVE ONE.
You can email me if you have questions. My insurance covered all 3 surgeries, including a visiting nurse at the hotel in New York for some dressing changes of the flap.
I myself am a nurse and have BC/BS, but Dr.Cuttings office did everything to get pre approval. I was asked by them to leave a $1000.00 deposit which was returned to me. If you want to email me feel free.
katherine.bennett@verizon.net
Kathy B

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate