i was born with a cleft palate

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

i was born with a cleft palate

Postby malex hisatake » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:39 pm

hi my name is malex hisatake, i'm 21 yrs old & i'm from the Island of American Samoa territory. i attend the Phoenix University online while working at the Post Office. my future will be joining the military after college. i was born with a cleft palate on February, 14 1984 here in Samoa. i had parents who really care for me since i was born with a cleft palate & they have decided to take me to the hospital to have a surgery since i was 4 and a half yrs old. but it didn't do well so far because i believe i speak a little funny but i've decided to figure it out to see it myself by taking the mirror & put it in my mouth & see it to another mirror if there's a hole & what i see it's a tiny hole i see. i feel like i need a little help so that i could feel better to myself & i don't like people hurting my feelings. it led me to believe that there are people who still making fun of me but i just ignore them. i'm glad there are thousands of children out there who were born with cleft lip or palate. but i can still go on with my life to further my education & work my way through military because it's my future i've always wanted & so what if people making fun of me ha, ha, ha!! i can be all that i can be.
malex hisatake

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate