pigeon bottle

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

pigeon bottle

Postby Joni » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Hello,

I have used these bottles successfully. How long have you been using the bottle? Is baby suck reflex good? My dd's suck reflex was weak from day one, but this bottle helped. It did colaspe but that was when she was really hungry and was sucking on it. The value placement is easy as Im sure you were explained. Push up part facing tip of nipple/teat. Also, look at the tip of the nipple, one side of it is firmer than the other. Firmer side is placed upward facing top of mouth. If you place it on the bottom (firmer side of nipple) it will colaspe on you. Its hard to see, but you can feel the tip. Also, after 4 weeks I believe you have to use a new nipple as they wear out very quickly. If you have any questions regarding pigeon products, call GALTAK in Canada, 1-866-886-8811, ask for Daniel. Fabulous help on all products. I wish you all the best with feeding. As my dd is 17 months, I'm still dealing with issues, but with good early intervention, they get better over time. Its not something that corrects itself overnight. You will see the difference once you have found the right items to use. Its gets alot easy and with good support all will work out. Dont give up hope. I know feeding can be stressful, believe me...I feel it sometimes, but it all works out, just relax and have a feeding plan. I have used many products for my daughter so if you have any questions regarding different feeding items, please contact me at our email address: jonhanson@bellsouth.net. I will be more than happy to help you. JONI
Joni

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate